Hyperfan, anyone tried these?

Australian made? lol hey soz.  I do agree to a degree however.  Numbers, flow, but most of all stealth for me....an d pretty much that's word of mouth by well, word of mouth.  Opinions aside I just bought a 150mm hyper fan and filter :D  Things gonna be different next year lol

Peace

faith :sun:

Blauberg - German made

HyperFan - Chinese made

You get what you pay for.

I would normally tend to agree, but after playing with both, even though they were different sizes, I would have to say that I actually got the impression that the Hyperfan was a bit better quality.  Would hope so seeing as to how they cost more.  I'm not putting shit on the Blauberg though, and have no reason to believe that the 200mm would not perform close to as well as the Hyper

Australian made? lol hey soz.  I do agree to a degree however.  Numbers, flow, but most of all stealth for me....an d pretty much that's word of mouth by well, word of mouth.  Opinions aside I just bought a 150mm hyper fan and filter :D  Things gonna be different next year lol

Peace

faith :sun:

Should be happy with that for your grow space Vinno, be interested to hear how gutsy the smaller one is.  If you make sure to use all available ventilation stealth options you should be golden with these.  I can hear mine running in the shed, but not at all outside even though it's less than a metre from the fan, and even inside the tent the pedestal fans are probably louder.  I am running at fairly low speed at the moment though, as I'm struggling to get temps high enough with outside temps ranging from -3 to 18 degrees, so it will be interesting to see how quiet it is when it's time to up the speed. 

Hey Hashy, just reading through this old thread... The 6' Hyperfan Stealth (with silencer) we have has been going for only about 1 year. The Whirling/Jet engine noise is getting louder. also hearing some sort of vibration grinding...

How is your 8" doing? making any noise?

Also is it the stealth version?

gday hashy sorry for the late reply you have probably updated already hey. but just incase i bought my 8 inch hyper fan just over a year and a half ago. the bloke at the shop tried to steer me away from it, said it was loud. i bought it anyway, i run it about 3/4 speed during the middle of summer and in winter it is way down to almost as low as it can go. i can hardly hear it standing outside my room, although i dont use tents i have a room built. it is alot quieter than the 4 inch i had in there running at full speed.

and still after a good 18 months not a problem at all. thumbs up from me with the hyper fan.

oh and 2 of my mates got them after they saw mine in action if that says anything for ya.

also from memory without checking its a 3 or 5 year warranty mate

Edited by grow for me

Being a digital controller they usually take about 10 - 20 seconds to adjust speed.

Ive noticed not much difference over 50% also. .. till I removed the controller, then it got faster 10 seconds later ;)

Be careful with HyperFan and tents regarding negative pressure. ... too much negative puts unnecessary stress on seams.

Ive seen a 250mm pull a 3m x 3m tent inside out even with 24" of passive intake ducting going in.

Great little units the hypers... nice choice ;)

Peace.

I installed a carbon filter and fan last week and have been feeling pretty pleased with the negative pressure... until I read your post lol  I never considered stress on seams! 

How much is too much? 

I've been running the 150mm for 3 seasons now, and the 200 for 2 seasons. 

For some reason I don't feel that the 150mm is anywhere near as stealthy as the 200, something to do with all the interactions at that particular sizing just makes it a bit noisier on the whiny jet noise front.  Still quieter than a centri of the same size, and in the little setup I run it in I can run it slow enough that it's not an issue and I'm very happy with it, but I wouldn't want to use it in a bigger tent again.

But the 200 is awesome as far as I'm concerned.  The volume and pressure it runs, even at lower speeds, is great and enables me to run it at super stealth noise levels during the colder months.  But even during late summer early autumn all I could hear outside the shed was a bit of airflow noise from the outlet, which is totally unavoidable, and the 2 circulation fans I'm running in the big tent make more noise, so I'll happily vouch for that one.

I do run a fan silencer after my Hyperfans, and insulated ducting, which hasn't caused me any issues so far. 

I still remember my first season back to indoor and running a 150 centri fan with a speed controller added out of necessity.  In a garden shed out the back, the noise level was positively scary no matter what I tried, and I was shitting myself through the whole grow cause a garden shed shouldn't be making a racket all night long for months on end, and I've got neighbours.  If I had the money and one of mine broke, I would try something higher end like Whisper fans with the built in silencer (I think that's what they're called?), but I don't need any better than what the Hypers are doing for me, and would be more likely to go the 250mm so I could dial the speed back even more.

As for neg pressure Ange, you have to run your fan at whatever the minimum requirement for air exchange is, and if that speed with adequate intake ducting is tearing your seams that's more of a tent quality issue.  But the Hypers certainly are capable of putting good neg pressure on the tent, so dial it back to only what speed you need.  The big tent I killed was tearing at a few seams, but it was cheap and most of the damage was from putting it up and pulling it down too many times.

• Upvote 1

Hey Hashy, we are getting back to the crew slowly, finally got some rural net coverage! :D just wondering on your opinion... 8inch Silenced has been sorted :D 

Now its was only ment for the 120x90x180 HomeBox pulled right down to 35% for max quietness..

Thoughts now are to put the little 80x80x160 next to the HB and possibly vent from both tents with the 8inch..

You think the bigger Hyper has the oomph! to efficiently pull from both? Maybe with just a T joiner, having a longer duct going to the smaller tent so the bigger tent gets more pull?... There will only be 1 Filter in the HB as the little one wont be running as warm with only Fluro's...

Hey Hashy, we are getting back to the crew slowly, finally got some rural net coverage! :D just wondering on your opinion... 8inch Silenced has been sorted :D

Now its was only ment for the 120x90x180 HomeBox pulled right down to 35% for max quietness..

Thoughts now are to put the little 80x80x160 next to the HB and possibly vent from both tents with the 8inch..

You think the bigger Hyper has the oomph! to efficiently pull from both? Maybe with just a T joiner, having a longer duct going to the smaller tent so the bigger tent gets more pull?... There will only be 1 Filter in the HB as the little one wont be running as warm with only Fluro's...

Should easily have the oomph, but the tricky bit would be making sure that the restriction on the draw from both sides of the T joiner is even enough to prevent intake happening mainly from one tent over the other, if that makes sense.  So you'd have to make sure you get negative pressure in both tents, and that they were both drawing enough air exchange by monitoring temps/RH in both tents and adjusting inlets etc to get it flowing right.  Should be easy enough, just might take a little bit of pfaffing about.  Maybe that would be a setup where putting the filter at the end of the system could be better, with the added benefit of the filter breaking up the airflow noise at the final outlet.  Will be keen to hear how you go with it.

• Upvote 1