Hyperfan, anyone tried these?

Been running the whisper for 200mm for 18 months now...none of them have skipped a beat ;)

I only comment based on what I have used, not here say or Internet review.

Price is not a concern for me, only quality.

I choose a fan in this order:

#1 what it can move

#2 warranty

#3 noise of unit

Can fans were #1 5 years ago... now they are nearly at the bottom (and 1 year warranty)

Ran Blauberg 3 years ago... very powerful, but too much air chop from blades, still excellent fan though

Ran whisper silencer... still think it is better than HyperFan in sound department (but it is silenced)

HyperFan last 6 months, very impressive and smooth, acoustic ducting and in silent land.

As long as you don't go can fan. .. it will work well ;)

Peace

About the same Faith, I'm commited to a 2 plant outdoor grow this coming season but I reckon it might have to be the last :(

Ventilation seems to be about the hardest part to stealth with indoor growing, and in some situations it's vital and worth the extra expense.

Still can't quite decide between them, both about the same cost after adding a speed controller to the Blauberg.  After finding a youtube vid of a Blauberg running, I'd have to say I couldn't hear any extra noise over the Hyperfan, so between that, and Blauberg seeming to have an established reputation for quality, and the ability to unclip the fan from the housing for servicing, I'm starting to lean towards the Blauberg.  But I have looked at a Hyperfan in a shop a few months back and was super impressed with the compact size and light weight.  Also looked into a Whisper Silencer fan, but have a bad feeling about it for some reason I can't put my finger on.

I'll try make a decision tomorrow, and post my experience of whichever I end up with.

Are you talking about adding the speed controller to the mixed flow fan or the centrifugal... you can find them with speed controller already installed..

Been running the whisper for 200mm for 18 months now...none of them have skipped a beat ;)

I only comment based on what I have used, not here say or Internet review.

Price is not a concern for me, only quality.

I choose a fan in this order:

#1 what it can move

#2 warranty

#3 noise of unit

Can fans were #1 5 years ago... now they are nearly at the bottom (and 1 year warranty)

Ran Blauberg 3 years ago... very powerful, but too much air chop from blades, still excellent fan though

Ran whisper silencer... still think it is better than HyperFan in sound department (but it is silenced)

HyperFan last 6 months, very impressive and smooth, acoustic ducting and in silent land.

As long as you don't go can fan. .. it will work well ;)

Peace

Thanks Obliterated, good info, I'll keep it in mind.

Are you talking about adding the speed controller to the mixed flow fan or the centrifugal... you can find them with speed controller already installed..

The mixed flow, but the only ones I've been able to find only come with the 2 speed switch installed.  I read that there is an option for one with a speed controller but when I contacted a supplier the only option they could offer was to sell a separate matching controller requiring installation by a sparky.

Too many aye lol I'm checking these out at the moment, the hyperfaan looks great as does the blaubergs but ^_-

Yeah, I'm looking too lol   ***forgot to include the link http://global.solerpalau.com/docs/catalogo_general/en_757_768_td_silent_fid7500.pdf

Where ahve you found a price for them... I saw one that was $900 and though fuck that ...

plust no videos or reports from them..

I know a guy using one of these but you cant get them in OZ>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw3qM5Qh9B8

After an aborted purchase of the 150mm Blauberg turbo (which I don't believe would crank enough air under load through a CF for my tent size), I ended up going for a 200mm Hyperfan to be sure of airflow.  Unfortunately the rest of my ventilation system is 150mm, but I fixed that with a couple of reducers made by cutting down funnels. 

Setup is:  carbon filter - cooltube - fan in an insulated box - silencer, running insulated ducting into a splitter box for multiple outside outlets. I've got it running at about 45% which is more than enough with lights off in current temps, yet to see if it's enough with 2x600w HPS running but I suspect it will be.  At this speed there is an audible whine a bit like a jet engine inside the shed, but outside you have to get right up next to it to hear anything, and even then it's just a slight airflow noise which could be taken for a breeze blowing between the shed and garage, so I'm happy enough with that result.  At higher speeds the airflow noise gets steadily louder and more obvious, but as I'm not insane enough to try and grow in a shed during summer that's not going to be an issue.

Only issue I can find with the Hyperfan so far is that after 50% or so, there doesn't seem to be any more noticable variation in airflow.  That's just by ear so maybe an airflow meter would show something different.  At minimum (35%) it is bordering on completely silent, and from there to 50% only small twists of the dial make a noticable difference to speed and airflow which is really pumping.  Seems to handle load and pressure well, sucking in the tent walls very quickly even at minimum.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Being a digital controller they usually take about 10 - 20 seconds to adjust speed.

Ive noticed not much difference over 50% also. .. till I removed the controller, then it got faster 10 seconds later ;)

Be careful with HyperFan and tents regarding negative pressure. ... too much negative puts unnecessary stress on seams.

Ive seen a 250mm pull a 3m x 3m tent inside out even with 24" of passive intake ducting going in.

Great little units the hypers... nice choice ;)

Peace.