Leafs dieing

Well this is my first grow, the plant is under a 250w cf so i know not to expect much, but it seems my plant is stugling more then i thought. Im not sure whats causing this. the plant looks like its dieing but strugling to stay alive. its 3 weeks of growth from a seed. leaves look droopy, colour seems ok but tips of the older leafs are browning.

i water the plant with setlled tap water and a very small proportion of thrive in the water. im watering maybe every 4 days, the soil seems to be holding water well so any more then 4 days would be drowning the thing.

ive got a small fan in the box rotating the air around, the temp is sitting on 24 degrees but im unsure about the humidity.

the soil is just potting mix bought from bunnings.

im not sure whast else to mention that could be contributing to the plants problem. So i'll just attach a picture so you can see.

Also could bug's be the cause, other day when i opend the box's door i noticed a fruit fly like bug fly out, i thought nothing much of it tho.

post-24-1086183247_thumb.jpg

Ok for one thing the soil you have is real thick & seems to absorbs water a-lot

also the size planter is big so when your watering every 4 days

it probably doesn’t need it ..Also you say your adding thrive ..that’s good but remember its not food its a hormone

so it might be a lil hungry as well ..

a little hint start your seeds in smaller pots or 16oz party cups

& add some Vermiculite & or perlite to your potting soil

ok so you would put it down to over watering and noo food, is it too late to transfer the plant into a smaller pot with the perlite/soil mix?

and is 50/50 a good mix for soil/perlite or whats the norm.

also what else should i bee adding to "feed it"?

and thx for your help so far, apreciated :D

ok now when you say you use Thrive, do you mean superthrive?? or are you meaning yates Thrive??

Yates Thrive is a complete Fertisiser and NOT a hormone,

NPK Analysis: 15 : 5 : 26 + iron, manganese, molybdenum, zinc, copper and boron

So I would stop giving it anything other than water, most potting mix also contain nutrients.

So i reakon you are over fertilising and possibly over watering.

Flush the medium very well and then feed with ph adjusted water only.

I would also make sure the fan is NOT blowing ON the plant as seedlings can dry out really quickly.

The mix you want are 60/40 soil/perlite.

you see those round leafs at the botom of the plant? well they are the only food the plant needs, once it drops them then go to 1/8th feeding schedule.

yes it is Yates Thrive, food for plants, i'll stop using it untill the rounded leafs fall of, i'll pop out tonight and get some perlite to mix with the soil.

EDIT: ok i went out got a sh*t load of perlite, couldnt find a small bag had to get somthing like 14kg of it or somthing. made a fresh mix of around 40p/60s

got a ph tester and two chems called ph up and ph down, ill do some fine tuning tomorrow.

that perlite foamy rock stuff, how does it work, whats its main purpose, i read somthing about it transfers light deep into the soil?

Edited by EMP