Cloning Circle

There are quite a few 20 year old mothers in A'dam, but that is slightly different and it was another thread.

As I mentioned when this was first posted I have friends who work strictly clone to clone and have been doing so with the same plant since 2008. I've smoked it recently and the bud is still as strong and pungent as it ever was from that cut.

Yeah, so noticing a deterioration at 7 or 8 generations... is obviously (by my own experience) bullshit.

• Upvote 1

true hey. is this how people get spoken to here on this site now hey? been growing lots of years and always ended up with lots of complaints after about the 7th or 8th clone off clone. HOW CAN YOU CALL BULLSHIT!   every big grower I know goes from mother for a reason, think I don't know what im talking about ask chato what my smoke is like, my bubble hash too for that matter. and try to be a bit more objective and courteous with your criticism's. these boards have changed a whole lot in a short couple of years, it used to be a place that everyone loved to hang out when there was nowhere else to hang out, 35 in the chat room everyone smoking and chatting and getting on, everyone was nice to each other!! I was considering 420 crew again but don't know now.

If you get complaints after the '7th or 8th clone off clone' perhaps it is for  reason other than 'consecutive cloning'. As others have mentioned they have experienced 'consecutive cloning' with no loss of potency. I too have cloned consecutively more than seven or eight times and experienced no ill effect.

Just because someone 'calls bullshit' on your theory with good reason doesn't mean that they are accusing you of having crap smoke/hash etc. I think 'calling bullshit' is a common phrase and nothing to get offended about (I realise we all get offended over different things though).

Perhaps you could be more objective when someone with empirical evidence disagrees with your theory.

:peace:

• Upvote 2

i grew sensei skunk#1 for a long time and thought the same, until the 8th or 9th gen and my yields were crap the buds weren't full they didn't have the same white crystal covering that they had before.so i thought something i had done, but i did the same run from seed again and grew out to 7th or 8th again and the same again. so everything this time was thoroughly sterilized, cleaned, renewed and rebuilt, i thought i had it going on again grew out til the 8th gen this time and again the same result. so i thought i would change strains and started some white widow that i too didnt have any problems with growing out til the 15th when i stopped it. so my post didnt mean necessarily that it would happen to all strains, my research finds that this debate is inconclusive that nobody really knows the answer, some strains do and some strains don't.

• Upvote 1