Cloning Circle

Hi Daily,

You can take as many clones as you like from the mother plant as long as you give it enough time to repair itself after each "taking"

Many growers do not bother to keep a mother if it is unnecessary, as a clone can can be taken very safely up until 2 weeks into flower.

If you have been taking healthy cuttings from a healthy donor plant and now your new cuttings are unsuccessful, then I suspect your issue lies elsewhere ;)

If the donor plant you take the cuttings from is in poor health, then taking cuttings from it will do no favors and likely decrease the health of the plant... possibly to the point of death.

Peace.

A friend of mine has been growing clone from clone for the last 6 years with Sensi's Skunk#1... plants flower just as they did in the first round. If you had problems after 3 cuts I would suggest it was something other than the fact that you had taken clones from clones.

however if you keep doing clone from clone from clone you start to loose potency and strength and eventually you have a plant that isn't much point smoking. 6-7times is about far enough before you start noticing a loss. then you have to go back to seed or find more 1st gen clones. clones from a mother plant don't have any loss cause the clones are 1st gen every time.

• Upvote 1

however if you keep doing clone from clone from clone you start to loose potency and strength and eventually you have a plant that isn't much point smoking. 6-7times is about far enough before you start noticing a loss. then you have to go back to seed or find more 1st gen clones. clones from a mother plant don't have any loss cause the clones are 1st gen every time.

I'm calling bullshit on that one plenty of folk out there growing clones from clones and smoko still great.

true hey. is this how people get spoken to here on this site now hey? been growing lots of years and always ended up with lots of complaints after about the 7th or 8th clone off clone. HOW CAN YOU CALL BULLSHIT!   every big grower I know goes from mother for a reason, think I don't know what im talking about ask chato what my smoke is like, my bubble hash too for that matter. and try to be a bit more objective and courteous with your criticism's. these boards have changed a whole lot in a short couple of years, it used to be a place that everyone loved to hang out when there was nowhere else to hang out, 35 in the chat room everyone smoking and chatting and getting on, everyone was nice to each other!! I was considering 420 crew again but don't know now.

• Upvote 1

I know plenty of folk that grow from clone and clone a few weeks into flower as well and have been doin so for more than 10 years and his friends also do the same clone off the clone no mother plants at all there is so many people out there that do that if you say it loses potency there smoko would n shit I guess. I couldn't care what ya smoko or hash like what has that got to do with the topic..? . Like I said before my family has been growing white widow from clone after clone no mother plants when I think about it there clones are problem close to 15 plus years now as remember tending to the plants when I was around 14 now I'm 27 and I know they had it for a few years before that. But hey lost so much potency of those years hey what a crock of shit if I call bull shit its for a reason good day.