First time grow problems..:)

I use 5x 24 watt cfls in my veg cupboard , can be nearly touching the leaves and not burn them.    U definitely need something to exhaust the air.............and i am not sure wat u have them growing in but it looks ordinary to me. I would be feeding low strenght nutes maybe EC .5- .9 /  ph 6    and I would move the light closer

Take your middle finger and shove it, as far as it will go, into the potting mix, near the edge of the pot. Move your finger towards the center of the pot 10-20mm. Get a tourch and inspect the cross section, i'm not talking about the top 5-10 mm of the mix, if it is moist , then the last thing your poor plant needs is water. Poor thing looks like it has been drowned.

I hope you didn't pay for the potting mix, as Spider says, it looks very ordinary. This could also be from the rain that has washed all the fines to a lower level. The mould on the top of the mix speaks volumns though. Did you add any lime or dolomite to the mix, or was there some present to begin with? Lime changes the Ph adds Ca, dolomite changes the Ph and adds Ca + Mg for a bonus, if the Ph is fine add gypsum for Ca. Ca is one of the MAJOR building blocks of all plants. Did you even test the Ph of your mix before you started? A cheap Ph test kit is a good place to start so you have a starting point to reference. Makes sense to have a reference point to see which way, if any, you need to take your growing medium, as we are talking about a soil mix. There are plenty of references to tell you the required amount of material to add to get the desired end Ph.

I understand that you started the plant for outside, but your potting mix is not ideal for inside by any measure.

Have you inspected the plant for any signs of pests you may have inadvertently brought inside with you? Your first true leaves look like they are paper thin except for the veins. The nodal growth from the first true leaves are showing better colour, it is a worry that the meristematic growth is not showing better colour. Your plant may still be recovering from when it nearly drowned. Unlike some, I start pushing my plants with very weak food solutions(read unfortified seaweed extract here, it has everything a plant requires in small quantities) from the first true leaves onwards and increase as the plant grows. Never had a plant burn or die yet. Have you thought of what nutrients you are going to feed the plants yet? Do you have a EC and a Ph meter for the nutients yet?

Air flow is essential in any confined space, if not paramount.

Spider answered your light question for you.

Like I said in my first post, there is a lot more science in growing a plant than just throwing water and food at a plant, more so inside. Read all the info you can on this site, it is a good beginning. Then if you start from a reasonable position and have a problem, it is a lot easier for someone to help you.

lol Me too Lou!

The above advice will see you right from what I can see Mistry :good:

I would be thinking "too much water and not enough air."  You must have that box-space air changed constantly, with fans or passively. 

Passively is cool but we get in trouble for the lovely aromas these plants possess.  It should be okay in veg but when you turn 12/12 and the flowers come it could catch you out.  The fun starts for the closet/cupboard grower with the maths and the light-proofing and the stealth (sound and smell predominantly)  Like mentioned above, cannversity has bulk info and so do old grow diaries and logs.  some of the most specific information I have aquired when first beginning was in others' grows, nlot necessarily looking either, just reading and taking it all in :D

i am not sure of your locale and environment (nosey neighbors etc) but seriously you don NOT want any other person to know what you are doing unless you would trust them with your, well just you don't want anybody to know.  A 125 centrifugal fan would clear/exchange the air smartly and probably a little veg or seedling cab as well.  Chuck a small carbon filter and a cheap ole fan inside for circulation and watch her go....reading and asking, reading and asking and doing.  Most of all I think enjoy learning and be humble. 

I know diddly compared to most growers on these boards and pretty much everything I do understand I learned by these ways.  I have drowned many seedling and burnt them too and used crap potty mix and the list goes on.  Its easy-peasy but there are some fundamental things that really need to happen. 

Peace to you and hope you fill that box  space with the finest flowers!

Faith :sun:     *but first, you have to take your middle finger....  lol soz i really did think it was gonna be something else!

I watch a lotta British comedy, so I also thought Zen2us post was going somewhere different, keep em comin Zen.

I'd be looking at your medium, and overwatering.  Seen a lot of new growers posting similar problems using cheap potting mix.  Drainage might be poor, adding to overwatering issues.  The fertlilisers added to the mix might be too much, the Ph out of the bag is likely wrong, the list goes on.  If it was me, I would gently remove the plant from that potting mix and replant it in a better medium.  I understand the desire to go the simple route of using potting mix, but if you do you need to go a bit further than just buying whatever's on special.  Searles premium potting mix is ok, and a few other growers on here have been happy with it as well.  I add 40-50% coco to it, and chuck in some washed perlite and find it to work quite nicely with good drainage etc, I also add worm castings when available.  Another option would be to make up an organic soil mix.  Do a search through the forums and you should find a few good ones.  Best of luck

• Upvote 1

Hey Mistry, im a bit of a noob too and have had a few issues with my first grow. Im about 6 weeks in now though and things are looking good. What everyones saying about a fan and airflow is right, my seedling barely changed for 4 weeks, and i put this down to the claustrophobic little box it was in. So i added a passive intake, an exhaust and a little $10 pedestal fan and within a week it went nuts!

From a noob to another noob, my advice is fresh air and dont overwater. Good luck!