Pumps

my question is about pumps .. how strong of a pump do I need ( how many litiers per hour is recomended ) it is a 50lt res and needs to able to feed up to 8 plants so i have a little room for increasing my crop

also while I am asking a question what is the best ph level to go for with my soil and water

Our system uses a small hydro pump in a 50 litre reservoir, all it has to do is circulate the water around the main 12mm pipe, the drippers don't need much pressure to work so I have just restricted the flow on the return end of the 12mm and the drippers work fine with this.

:D

• Admin
my question is about pumps .. how strong of a pump do I need ( how many litiers per hour is  recomended ) it is a 50lt res and needs to able to feed up to 8 plants so i have a little room for increasing my crop

To answer your question Pure for your setup a pump flow of 400 or so would be probably more than adequate still...

I am running to waste so you think I would be ok with a 750 or so

Sounds like more than enough. Try it and if your getting back pressure through the pump then its more than enough and your pump will probably burn out way before it's time...

also while I am asking a question what is the best ph level to go for with my soil and water

Best ph level is between 5.8 - 6.5, keep it round the lower end when still in veg.