When Do They Stop Growing.

Hi all I have just recently (1.5 weeks ago) began the flowering phase. My question is at what point can I expect my girls to stop "stretching", as this is the term that I read on Luke's grow. It's something that I have never really paid attention to b4. What are the signs that I should be looking for as my girls are getting a wee bit too close to the lights & I'm going to have to start tieing them down, which I don't mind doing (better than having burnt bud b4 you intentionally want to burn them B) :P

Depends on the strain you're growing mate, and it's traits.

Generally speaking, it should stop somewhere around the 3rd week of flowering. But as I said, it really all depends on the strain.......If you're planning on growing it again, keep on eye on the time it stops, so you know for next time B)

Thanks alot guys. All excellent responses. I'll keep a close eye on the time frame chev. Cheers Tom your 1/3 rule sounds great (wish I'd asked earlier) I let my girls get a little over 1/2 way!! I will be bending them

wassily (not looking forward to it though gonna be in there 4 ages bending stems) :B):

The leaves will also be producing progressively less leaflets on them as the stretch finishes, going from whatever the high number is at the end of veg, say 11, then as the stretch progresses over the first few weeks of flower, the nubers drop to 9, 7, 5, 3, and at the finish it's back to one. B)

Yeah, it's individual for each strain. Some sativa's seem to stretch forever, some are done in a very short time and space. But yeah, the 1/3 to 1/2 rule is about right for finished veg to flower. :P

I have been using the 1/3 rule and it seems to work for almost every grow.

I had ak47 last time mainly sativa, I let grow to 2ft and it grew to 6 ft indoors, hahah I had to bend the tops so they wouldnt hit my lights or ceiling.

At 2 ft i couldnt have imagined it to grow 3 times that but it did.

Im about to put Sudden Impact into flower its mainly indica which seems to stretch less but im playing it safe and flowering at 1 1/2 ft. Hopefully it will grow to 4 1/2 to 5 ft ill keep yall posted, Look for finished product in 2 months.

Thanks for the tip Tom I probably would have let my last grow go to 3 ft but i read a old post of yours and took your advice.

Thanks alot guys. All excellent responses. I'll keep a close eye on the time frame chev. Cheers Tom your 1/3 rule sounds great (wish I'd asked earlier) I let my girls get a little over 1/2 way!! I will be bending them

wassily (not looking forward to it though gonna be in there 4 ages bending stems) :B):

Get some plastic garden fencing or trellis, fasten it around the walls and tie the plants back to that, shower curtain rings are good "ties" for this.

:P