Nute Burn

Hello every1,Friend got some cuttings he rooted em under growlux fluro n heat pad used large rockwool cubes left under fluro 13 days then put in space 1.5 by 1.5metre using 2 600 hps then he give nutes :P first 1/4 strenth then 1/4 again the next morning half strenth etc until the leaves started to look thin and like claws :P the tips of the leaves have gone a brownish/purpleish colour this is nute burn yes?He flused last night using 4 litres per plant was that enough?They r looking better new growth etc but some of the new growth has slight tip burn aswell,they are in big pots with perlite the lights wouldnt be 2 close i hope can that make tips ugly etc as on 24/7 2 the light s r just over 40cm away from babies not 2 hot sits under 30 no probs HELP they have been under hps for 2 week nutes were given 2 weeks ago 2 are they just getting over the shock root burn etc will they be alright they dont look like dying how long does it take normally to get over somthing like this Thanks wish i had digi cam explaining is hard when whacked in the morning s B) bye

Couldn't tell ya how much to flush coz I never had to do it, BUT, in future invest in a good quality tds meter and a PH meter then you can avoid this sort of thing from re-occurring. I have never trusted the mixing guides on the nute bottles as they were done in a lab & as we all know water quality differs depending on where you live which can adversely affect the nute concentrations in your reservoir. Hope this helps a bit. B)

In perlite I find it takes a good 2 or three times the volume of the pot itself in water to bring down the ec levels each week or so.

I flush with a 10l watering can, with a fine rose, and always use ph adjusted fresh water to flush every week with.

I'd suggest yes, getting a good truncheon for ec measurement, and make sure you flush out the media well before returning to the system. Use a low concentration of nutes in there, they're small plants, and they don't need much. A quarter to a fifth of the manufacturers instructions is usually a good level to start clones on for myself, but as top notch has said, manufacturers instructions are rarely good for plants I've found.

Hope that helps.