Root Zone Temps

i just done the temp of my rootzone in my aero cloner and its 30 C , its under a 600 watt HPS , im a bit stumped as to how to cool it down , as the room temp is 28 C.

My light is an air cooled Ablite , being vented out side the room , i also have a 120 mm fan venting heat from the top .

its winter and gets cold as hell in victoria ,so im on 24 hr lighting atm , the aero cloner is 2 feet from the light .

do es any one think i should lift to 3 feet the light ????

from what ive read root zone should be 22 C is that correct ?

EDIT: I have put a bigass fan in there , its now 25 C is that ok ?

Edited by Lucian

Cooling the rootzone to around the 22 mark is ideal, but it won't end your crop if it's not. However, cooling plants in aero/dwc systems can be an issue.

Try including a bottle of frozen water into your control tank, this could bring down the overall temp if done every day by at least a few degrees, and shouldn't shock the plants too much if it's in the control bucket.

Other than that, cooling, cooling, cooling. Insulate the walls of the buckets, give them reflective surfaces, everything you can to keep the temps down.

Hope this helps mate, you should do better as the winter gets cooler too, but yeah, if your temps are down to 25 in the water they should be okay. B)

Well a bit of home work surely payed off , i had to install a fart fan ,room temp is now 28 c,finished the dwc bucket (kinda) , wrapped in Panda , temp is still 25C at rootzone , transplanted the 1 survivor*sigh* , im misting the epanded clay as i just transplanted it from the areo cloner(seeder in my case) , its 14 days old , so im alternating putting a cd spindle cover on it as a humidity dome. 560 ppm on meh truncheon , i was 2-300ppm for the 1st 2 weeks , 600 w HPS air cooled with 120 mm fan

Im new to all this so any advice is most welcome

1mx1mx2m cabinet(dodgy)