phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

Sure there is... It's a 10K UVA/UVB bulb like the one that Solis Tek sells ;)

We all know frost comes from good genetics.

We also know that lots of blue spectrum and UVA/UVB pushes that good genetic to it's frostiest potential.

It takes twice as much power to produce a blue spectrum than a red spectrum which is why HPS gets the yield.. more photons.

The whole thing surrounding the Dpap is... is it a CMH that can pump out more red than normal so you can have a single bulb that not only yields well, but pushes the genetic limit of the frosties like a CMH :)

Sure there is... It's a 10K UVA/UVB bulb like the one that Solis Tek sells ;)

We all know frost comes from good genetics.

We also know that lots of blue spectrum and UVA/UVB pushes that good genetic to it's frostiest potential.

It takes twice as much power to produce a blue spectrum than a red spectrum which is why HPS gets the yield.. more photons.

The whole thing surrounding the Dpap is... is it a CMH that can pump out more red than normal so you can have a single bulb that not only yields well, but pushes the genetic limit of the frosties like a CMH :)

i didnt realise CMH couldnt match HPS for yield, nobody told me or my garden? i have quite literally grown the same clone under both CMH and HPS (in fact there is probably pics all over this site of my daybreaker under both) and i can tell you the end product is fairly similar in size and resin, i bet even i would be hard pressed to pick the difference between the 2.

the reasons i stuck with CMH over other lighting sources was because it promoted exceptional plant health and vigor, i also find plants under HPS or MH alone tend to be a lot more finicky, i dont know why but cal/mag issues seem to be much more prevalent under HPS. also i just like the light, it is so much nicer growing a big garden of buds that you can look at under natural light, you can inspect leaves for issues and actually see them, i hate trying to diagnose plants under HPS.

i do also think CMH grown plants do produce a slightly better quality bud, density is a little more, maybe a little more resin and smell and flavour are slightly increased, it may just be that the plants are happier or it may even just be in my head because as i said earlier the difference isnt like "wow these buds are soooo much better" its just a general sense i get that the buds are better.

so no the question isnt whether or not its a CMH with more red, in fact i think i will prove that with my next grow when i switch back to the 420 lamp (i mean come on its even called the 420 lamp lol) i bet that outperforms the 300.

the real question is can this lamp cut your power bill in half like it says it can. the simple answer is yes, i would dare to say if you were running a 600w in a 1.2m tent and you switched to this lamp you would see a minimal drop in yield. or you could fire up a whole extra tent with another 315w and almost double your yield per watt. that is what this lamp is all about and it does it.

• Upvote 2

"The whole thing surrounding the Dpap is... is it a CMH that can pump out more red than normal so you can have a single bulb that not only yields well, but pushes the genetic limit of the frosties like a CMH"

Pushes it? you mean allows it to reach it's genetic potential lol  

i didnt realise CMH couldnt match HPS for yield, nobody told me or my garden? i have quite literally grown the same clone under both CMH and HPS (in fact there is probably pics all over this site of my daybreaker under both) and i can tell you the end product is fairly similar in size and resin, i bet even i would be hard pressed to pick the difference between the 2.

the reasons i stuck with CMH over other lighting sources was because it promoted exceptional plant health and vigor, i also find plants under HPS or MH alone tend to be a lot more finicky, i dont know why but cal/mag issues seem to be much more prevalent under HPS. also i just like the light, it is so much nicer growing a big garden of buds that you can look at under natural light, you can inspect leaves for issues and actually see them, i hate trying to diagnose plants under HPS.

i do also think CMH grown plants do produce a slightly better quality bud, density is a little more, maybe a little more resin and smell and flavour are slightly increased, it may just be that the plants are happier or it may even just be in my head because as i said earlier the difference isnt like "wow these buds are soooo much better" its just a general sense i get that the buds are better.

so no the question isnt whether or not its a CMH with more red, in fact i think i will prove that with my next grow when i switch back to the 420 lamp (i mean come on its even called the 420 lamp lol) i bet that outperforms the 300.

the real question is can this lamp cut your power bill in half like it says it can. the simple answer is yes, i would dare to say if you were running a 600w in a 1.2m tent and you switched to this lamp you would see a minimal drop in yield. or you could fire up a whole extra tent with another 315w and almost double your yield per watt. that is what this lamp is all about and it does it.

Hey forget,

"the reasons i stuck with CMH over other lighting sources was because it promoted exceptional plant health and vigor, i also find plants under HPS or MH alone tend to be a lot more finicky, i dont know why but cal/mag issues seem to be much more prevalent under HPS. also i just like the light, it is so much nicer growing a big garden of buds that you can look at under natural light, you can inspect leaves for issues and actually see them, i hate trying to diagnose plants under HPS."

These, reasons don't necessarily make me want to ty it as I haven't had any of these problems while under HPS.

"the real question is can this lamp cut your power bill in half like it says it can. the simple answer is yes, i would dare to say if you were running a 600w in a 1.2m tent and you switched to this lamp you would see a minimal drop in yield. or you could fire up a whole extra tent with another 315w and almost double your yield per watt. that is what this lamp is all about and it does it."

This!!! This is what my thoughts were going with this lamp, being able to run 2 x 315w's and yeild more iwth more space than just 1 x 600w, so I guess these lamps will wait until I upgrade my space it seems.

After speaking to an electrcian friend of mine he says that all i would need to run these is a

lamp holder

the philips 315w digital ballast

an Aussie plug

and the globe.

socket adapter $15

total price about $345 plus shipping.

ill be adding a gavtia triplestar shade to that for about $480 for 2 shipped to Australia but still a hell of alot cheap then people are making out.

Even if you want to use your existing shades thats insanely cheap to test these guys out

After speaking to an electrcian friend of mine he says that all i would need to run these is a

lamp holder

the philips 315w digital ballast

an Aussie plug

and the globe.

socket adapter $15

total price about $345 plus shipping.

ill be adding a gavtia triplestar shade to that for about $480 for 2 shipped to Australia but still a hell of alot cheap then people are making out.

Even if you want to use your existing shades thats insanely cheap to test these guys out

You first, if we don't hear back from you I'll assume you've electrocuted yourself.