Van Helsing

I saw the new film "Van Helsing" on the weekend and I wouldn't recommend it.

It starts off well with a fight between Van Helsing and Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde which is very cool. But then they start adding the plot which is where the film takes a dive. They try too add too much into the film with Dracula, Frankenstein's monster and Werewolves and a complex attempt at tying them all together that just feels convoluted and weak.

Also, the guy who played Dracula has seen Interview with a Vampire way too many times and couldn't pull it off anyway.

The special effects are what you'd expect from a modern action film and I really liked the last fight scene.

All in all, it's a visually impressive film that has not much else to recommend it.

Oh well, at least Troy comes out this week and that should be fucking awesome!

The plot was kind of non-existant and the vampire babies made me cringe with embarassment for the script writer. I watched it twice. The second time stoned. Thoroughly enjoyed it both times. But then I'm a sucker for monster movies and great special effects.

The plot was kind of non-existant and the vampire babies made me cringe with embarassment for the script writer. I watched it twice. The second time stoned. Thoroughly enjoyed it both times. But then I'm a sucker for monster movies and great special effects.

course you are :D