Cuttings From A Seedling!

I have 6 plants unsexed!

These plants are now about 2 to 2.5 feet, and have growth in the middle, meaning there getting alittle bushier...

I want to sex them and loose no time veging them!

I want to cut from each one and sex the cutting when rooted and ready!

How do i know when to take cuttings from the orginal plants i spoke of and where would be better the new middle growth or the top?

Thank you, I hope that made sense! :) :)

Edited by italian_gardener

How do i know when to take cuttings from the orginal plants i spoke of

When the plants are showing some signs of sexual maturity and readiness for flowering. The three main signs are alternating nodes, preflowers, and age. But you can take clones from vegetative plants, root them under 12/12 and then sex them from this. Make sure you label all plants and clones well, no point in taking them to sex em if you can't track them back to the original mothers. :)

There is a lot of theories about what makes the "best" clone, I find that good plants can come from main apical stems at the top of plants and from the shitty undershooting underneath the canopy. Try taking from a few different positions, like 3 clones from each plant, and see how each go.

Good luck italian gardener, hope that's helped.

Perfect!

Just i am unsure when they have reached sexual maturity?

I have takin one cutting for each and ladeled them well!

They are going to 12/12 and will see what natural selection has instore for them!

What happens if they are not mature and i have cut them?

They have alot of middle growth but not alternating nodes yet!

Thanks! B)

All it will mean if clones are taken before sexual maturity is that a], you won't know what sex is what, and b] you'll have to grow the clones on for a short while vegetatively before they'll give their optimum yeild. Clones are biologically the same age as the parent plants. So a clone which is taken from a one month old plant isn't 15 days old at rooting, it's 1 month and 15 days old really. B)

So there's no harm in taking clones from sexually immature plants, or ones which haven't differentiated sex yet, but you should keep records of which clones come from which, and be aware that the clones will need to reach maturity themselves before flowering to get the best results. :P