Making Bowls

alright, this is my first post so forgive me if i fuck up.

In one of my classes i snagged some metal conduit pipe because it looks like such a good material to make a piece. My teach is real cool and when i asked him, he said it could be harmful to smoke out of....

I wanted to know for sure so i thought i ask the experts, you guys.

Its a wierd dilema cause i know some metals are bad to smoke out of like copper, but some its fine like brass.

The teach said the conduit is made outta steel.... let me know what u think... once i get my cam back ill post a pic of my finished product if i get some feedback.

I do hope you are in tafe or something, as this is an R 18+ site nini.

If you are over 18, then I'd ask whether you're making a conepiece or a pipe, cos I'm not quite sure what you mean by your post... But yeah, as pipes said, steel rusts. And you don't want to inhale metal if that's at all possible.

Stainless steel, brass and copper are what is used by most to make conepieces, although they can also be made from wood, stone and many other metals, (like gold, damn, that'd be a nice conepiece. Wouldn't want to drop it...) that would likely be suitable, although a little impractical considering. :)

Bongs, someone say bongs??

Pack 'em up buddy, oh, and Nini, fuck making the shit, not worth it, buy a fucken piece for yourself. :)

We used to make conepieces and shit like that in metal work too.

Heres one for ya: conepieces made from engineers chalk.

Takes a while to do (scraping and shaping) but yer cone never EVER gets hot..... brilliance.

Although, Luke it would be cool to smoke from a gold pipe hey??

Snoop style mate!!

Good luck Nini, don't go the steel though, take Toms advice, you don't wanna be sucking down rust particles, not good for the old lungs mate!! :)

Cheers and shitloads of bongs!!

LF

hey thanks guys, by the way i am 18 i just enjoy coming up with new ideas and shit to make bowls and bongs. i do have my own piece ive bought and use that everyday. and just to make sure, steel rusts even without contact with water?its safe to smoke when not rusted?

And ive moved on to a new project make a bowl outta wood, since i am in shop class. coming along alright, any suggestions?

Edited by nini

hears a cool cone peace you can make if you can find the bits and peaces

get a spent (empty bullet shell) 303 cartridge. Now you whant the end with the primer in it ( a little round thing with a dent in it. once you have figgered that out cut the cartidge in half and then cut it to a sutibal size. Now get a nail small enogh to fit throgh the little hole on the in side of cartidge then sit the cartrige on a vice with enogh gap so the primer has nothing under neath it, now bash the nail with a hammer so the primer falls out. then drill the hole a little bit bigger if needed and give it a good clean and ta da you got your self one of the best home made cone peaces

These are safe to smoke out of because 303 cartridge's are made out of brass or stanless steel. But for fuck sake if any body going to make this make sure you use a spent bullet and not a live one