5 things to know about the massive farm bill

what a farce...

more subsidies for US primary producers at the same time as they demand free access to our markets to dump their subsidised produce

even more in direct payments whether they put in a crop or not

penalising states who try to provide extra support to the poorest citizens

and the removal of subsistence support for people who commit particular crimes

Way to go Obama!

Ummm, oh I thought you were relating the Australian scenario-off topic I realize but hey, what kind of country would bend over for another like we?  the US or any other country Should look after their own interests with integrity and ethical decisiions and we gonna point the finger at one and call them the evil that corrupted us? Now that is a cop out mate.  Have a look around us,  it ain't no nation's fault but our own-

Peace. v :sun:

I think you are confused Vinno, I was commenting on the social justice aspects of the mega farm bill?

Your comments do cause me concern though and I seek some clarification...

Are you really so blind that you can't look at the economic policies of your homeland with a critical eye?

Do you really think that it is an ok thing to refuse to provide assistance on the basis of a person's previous crimes?

Do you think that demanding weaker states to cut subsidies to local industries and remove tariffs is ok while the powerful still prop up unsustainable industries?

Do you really think it all the fault of the victim when someone stronger rides slipshod over them?

I would suggest you think it over while you are happily getting medical attention and prescription medication at a heavily subsidised prices...

Knowing that if your wife falls pregnant the services she will need (what ever decision she makes about the situation) are there and wont cause the financial ruin of the family...

Enjoying the luxury of being a stay home parent thanks to the family benefits provisions of the taxation system...

Getting your kids educated without having to go into debt and having the comfort of knowing you wont be totally destitute if you can't find a job... become disabled or simply live long enough to grow old.

Now tell me again how Australia has no back bone and doesn't stand up to the demands of the USA? These are a few of the things that we didn't fold on when the US demanded we open our markets to prop up their economy.

Australia is far from perfect and has a long way to go to redress the wrongs being done to particular minority groups (including the one I belong to).

But when it comes to stacking us up against the USA we win, hands down, on any social indicator you care to mention.

• Upvote 1

lol I think you misunderstand Lou.  In no way was I condoning what US Policies have done and are doing in the world.  In no way do I have anything but gratitude and thanks to live in our country, Australia.  I think you are looking for someone to argue with but its not me.  You see, our governments (all of them) are copping out by becoming agitated about US Policy when we commit the same, and are doing the same evils.  What I am saying I suppose is  Our country is being decimated accross every spectrum (as are most others) .  Every item that you have listed as negative US We are doing here right now in Australia-and yer gonna gob off about Obama? The evil YanksThat is the cop out Imo  (pronoun>>WE ;)

"Are you really so blind that you can't look at the economic policies of your homeland with a critical eye?

Where have you seen me ever condone US Policies.  I personally believe they are owned by big corp/UN

Do you really think that it is an ok thing to refuse to provide assistance on the basis of a person's previous crimes?

Of course not.  Someone who has walked the roads I have couldn't "really think" that.

Do you think that demanding weaker states to cut subsidies to local industries and remove tariffs is ok while the powerful still prop up unsustainable industries?

No.  It is happening here and our government assits this negatively.

Do you really think it all the fault of the victim when someone stronger rides slipshod over them?"

No.  never have.

peace Lou. v :sun: