Cannabis is far safer than alcohol. Wake up Australia!

http://australianhempparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/parallel-weed.jpgHEMP PARTY SAYS AUSTRALIA IS IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE ON POT!

“It’s ironic that alcohols ugly side hits the headlines just after blind Barry O’Farrell says even dying people will not be allowed to try Cannabis, throwing out his Governments special committee recommendations in one single dumb press release,” says Michael Balderstone, HEMP Party President and WA Senate candidate. “So dumb and impossibly stupid it looked like it was written by Big Pharma. Would someone please tell Barry, Pharmaceuticals kill more people in Australia now than car accidents!”

“How come in Australia we are so far behind in recognising the benefits of Cannabis? America began legal medicinal pot in 1996 and now in 2013 almost 70% in the latest surveys are wanting fully legal and regulated Cannabis use for anyone over 21 year old. They have seen for themselves the benefits and harmlessness of the plant and surveys are showing significant decreases in alcohol use and car accidents, which clearly seem to travel together.”

“Maybe its time for some Aussie MP’s to take a fact finding tour of Americas new attitude to Cannabis use. They can even legally try it for themselves over there!”

“In the upcoming WA Senate election rerun, if we can raise the money, the HEMP Party will do advertisements like the American one which emphasises the difference between alcohol and cannabis effects. “Marijuana is less toxic than booze, and no hangover”, says another advert on a tram billboard.

More?……Michael at Nimbin HEMP Embassy….02 66890326/891842 a/h 02 66897525.

James Moylan (Campaign Manager) 0439377217

http://australianhempparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/i-prefer-720x405.jpg

http://australianhempparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/less-toxic.png

View the full article

• Upvote 1

I know its an old post but it got me thinkming about how many people have been killed with the "coward punch" due to alcohol abuse, how many have died over the years from various cancers associated with the toxins put in tobacco...

the poor old recreational pot smoker is a criminal for enjoying a spliff and a movie in the comfort of his own home...

actually nice find never saw this topic ... definitely makes a point and has more standing with all these recent coward punches.

dont know how this would work either ... anyone know about current Australian advertising regulation? even if they get enough cash, would they be able to advertise it?

i doubt it any company down here would want to be associated with advertising a still illegal product.

I have been on about it for ages . Give the youth a choice ffs .

Canna cafes would help as a alternative night spot for young people to hang out and meet others .

What choice do our youth have on a friday night in the city . Go to the pub and get boozed or go to that club and get boozed . Make sure you look out for the roided heros on the wizz wanting to fuck anyone up that looks at them the wrong way .

We need a stupidly rich eccentric billionaire to pump a fuck load of money into advertising like this and on TV lol  . Try and educate people to realize they have no need to fear cannabis . Maybe then they will wake up to all lies ,  and propaganda  the government has used to try and scare the population away from it .

If it was legal I dont think this country would allow canna cafe's anyway :crybaby:

Edited by Badseed77

look at the cash that the tobacco and alcohol industry have thrown at their respective Govts... its all about hte cashola... always has and always will..

Ive been to Amsterdam and have to say the way it is allowed and accepted is great... you dont have a bunch of stoned zombies like pollies would have you think.... you go in there.. get e choice of great weed.. can buy pre made spliffs... sit down and have a coffee and a spliff and its sociable... you can even buy mushrooms FFS..

Australia unfortunately is ultra conservative whether we like it or not... we have an ageing population many of who still have an affection forh "the empire"and when trhey die of maybe our kids can take up the good fight.

Its a shame that tobacco can still be sold with ALL ITS TOXIC CHEMICAL still readily included and not baned but the regulation of a natural plant is not accepted...

I hope that Colorado make a shit load of revenue and crime decreased as well as money spent on court cased decreased.. this is how Govt. respond... when money become an issue..

so long as Australia has tony abbott as PM there are only 3 chances of de-criminalisation, Buckley's, fuck-all and no chance

remember he was the Health minister who established the National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre

and that is the multi-million dollar taxpayer funded Govt. department totally devoted to keeping Cannabis illegal in Australia

so long as Australia has tony abbott as PM there are only 3 chances of de-criminalisation, Buckley's, fuck-all and no chance

remember he was the Health minister who established the National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre

and that is the multi-million dollar taxpayer funded Govt. department totally devoted to keeping Cannabis illegal in Australia

Yep this is so true but unfortunately the Libs have always been ultra conservative, ultra monarchy and have a born to rule attitude...

their level of secrecy in Government is disturbing to say the least... If only the liberal Democrats were stronger... they support legalising the drug

They say Gillard was the worst ever but the cap seems to be fitting Tony Abbott nicely at the moment

anyone know about current Australian advertising regulation? even if they get enough cash, would they be able to advertise it?

i doubt it any company down here would want to be associated with advertising a still illegal product.

Yup it could easily be banned/pulled

because "doesn't align with the communities standards"… all it takes are a few of Jan Copland's people to write a letter and bam the advert is gone

but wouldn't it be great!

I agree to disagree and in other instances I agree.

I think it would be great if tobacco was illegal. Think about all those hundreds and thousands of people that would never have been exposed, other wise sufferring from an addiction that can cause an array of medical conditions, most that lead to death.

Booze too. Ok in moderation, potentially devastating when abused. But just because it's a dangerous vice for some, should this mean illegality for those people who use alcohol responsibly.

The same can be said for cannabis. A plant that will be used more thoroughly by people when legalised and easily grown indoors and out. Where is the revenue to compensate for all those stoned people out there.

I'm a fence sitter. Sometimes I think the laws should change surrounding cannabis, in other instances i'm a fan of how they are right now.

I dont see why people wouldnt buy it from dispensaries should it be made legal... sure you would have those grow it at home... just like you can make your own alcohol at home but many would still prefer the option and hassle free nature of buying it from a regulated store.

I think the money wasted in the court for such small amounts is where we need to look to change.

I dont think legalising it makes it more accessable either... you will have those who want to try it and those who wont... with all prohibition those who want it will find a way to achieve their aim... that is the juxtaposition of "the war on drugs". i would be for a regulated marijuana drug law and a minimum amount of plants at home... The fact that we arent allowed to regulate it means that the majority who profit from it are organised crime...so in effect our laws actually assist them making money...

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.