Invention Of Mothers

pleeeeez! i want to use clones from now on.

i only grow 4 plants at a time, so it is imperative that i have 4 good ones. usually i buy a packet of seeds, but, your lucky to get a couple of good females, and a couple of not so good ones.

this leads to usual probs; mainly big ones smothering the little ones.

so please lol how do i manage a mother plant. i think the bonsai method looks the most suitable for me.

i am completely at sea on this one and don't mind admitting it. lol

lol good move, probably double the grow population too...basically you need a separate area for mums. wont go into it full on for ya, check TOM`ssig links and get onto white cluster and pick his brains for a while...the bloke needs the stimulation probably...mums are easy to look after and cuttings are a piece of piss if you dont get too techy about it...

JAIKAI

Fill a small pot with 50/50 coco/perlite and pre-wet it, clonex a cutting with a node at the cut end and plant it into the small pot then water it in. Put this under an 18W flouoro with a humidity dome on top (coke bottle will do) and wait a week or two for it to root. Ait it daily and mist it if it gets dry for the first week then remove the dome and water with plain water for a week or so. When you get new growth tip it to 2 or 3 nodes then wait for it to grow into your new bonsai mum so you can start taking cuttings (stick it under 48W to grow faster if you want).

Heres a pic of one I prepared earlier (the one at the back on the right is Pure *strain not OS member* bonsai mum - the one at the back on the left is a SSH clone which will be a bonsai mum too)...

http://Ramalamadingdong/html/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10011/normal-new-cab.jpg

Edited by wilderbud

Fill a small pot with 50/50 coco/perlite and pre-wet it, clonex a cutting with a node at the cut end and plant it into the small pot then water it in. Put this under an 18W flouoro with a humidity dome on top (coke bottle will do) and wait a week or two for it to root. Ait it daily and mist it if it gets dry for the first week then remove the dome and water with plain water for a week or so. When you get new growth tip it to 2 or 3 nodes then wait for it to grow into your new bonsai mum so you can start taking cuttings (stick it under 48W to grow faster if you want).

Heres a pic of one I prepared earlier (the one at the back on the right is Pure *strain not OS member* bonsai mum - the one at the back on the left is a SSH clone which will be a bonsai mum too)...

http://Ramalamadingdong/html/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10011/normal-new-cab.jpg

Blah - no pics apparently.

http://Ramalamadingdong/html/modules/coppe...011/new-cab.jpg ???

Edited by wilderbud

Hmm...

First pic is the mum cab - fan, 18W and white walls. Second pic is a view of my mums now. Pure is about 2 month old since cut and its been through a re-veg which SSH wont have to go through. Also, Pure grows fairly fast and Ill show the difference each week - SSH grows at 1mm per day so far (very slowly).

Oh - Rockwool cube halved to start the clones and perlite/flockwool mix and watered every few days (rio 400 will take over soon and a 70W MH will give fast growth). :devilred:

post-4596-1100438228_thumb.jpg

post-4596-1100439273_thumb.jpg

Edited by wilderbud

1 week later Ive had to take 2 clones at first which I took about 3 days ago and just now I trimmed her up again. Thats 1 clone per day at least and Im actively trimming (chore because theres a lot of leaf still and shes vigorous) - I could have 10 clones but theyre being binned.

Second pic is the next mum for my cab - clones of her are in the humidity tent (a clear plastic tub on top of a clear plastic tub - the bottom being black might help but this is a solution to low humidity problems).

post-4596-1101050354_thumb.jpg

post-4596-1101051398_thumb.jpg

Edited by wilderbud