Storing Pollen From My Male Plant?

I need some info on how to store my pollen. How long will it take for the seeds to be good? I have a stativa female that I want to leave one bud on and cross it with a male that has the widest leaves I have ever seen.I bought this smoke and it was KILLER got two seeds out of a OZ,paid $160.00 for it , well both turned out to be males. I have cut the male back and moved it away,it is showing some flowers (white) and pretty,no pollen as of today.Any help would be appreciated. Edited by Flopeye

hi flopeye, mate after you collect it, you can keep it for some time. it does lose potency and become useless, but you could store it in the freezer for a while. dunno how long exactly though a few months for sure. if you were to collect it in plastic bags, you could expel the bulk of the air and stuff the bag in a film canister, for freezing/storage.

lol hope i helped ya... @ferenge...S.P.C. used to but dunno now mate...

JAIKAI

G'day Everybody,

This is my first post , was member of SCC before everybody went Mad.... was..... great swap site, I went by the handle of skippee_Z5z .

Anyway to the point of this Post : Att : ** Flopeye **

B) **** STORING MALE POLLEN ****

I have used this method a few times with no problems.

a) Gather POLLEN - After first male seed pods start to open , spilling there YELLOW Pollen by placing a Coloured dinner Plate ( Preferably - not Yellow or White ) so's to see pollen easier - & tie string onto stems , then connect to a brick , & slowly turn brick , so's it bends branches almost to 45 degrees down towards Plate , so Pollen all falls onto plate . SHAKE male plant every day or so to extract as much pollen as you want-

During this collecting process the empty pollen sacks will also fall onto plate- they look like miniture banana's - Just leave them there for now .

After you have collected enough Pollen - Remove Plate from under stems - then : VERY Important - Remove Bananna looking pollen sacks , & Place Plate some where dry ( in a bedroom sock draw is good ) & let some sun in to make room a little warmer especially this time of year where Pollen can dry a little for about 2- 3 days -

You will know when its dry because it goes a Darker Yellow colour .*** BEWARE *** If you Place Pollen straight into a Plastic cliplock baggie or into any Plastic sealed container - you will ONLY end up with a yellowy Gooie- Mouldy muck, like I did a few times untill I dried Pollen before Placing into a piece of brown paper bag - cut & glued into miniture envelopes about : 1.5 : " x 1.5 ". Place just enough pollen to do the job when you need it to & place the rest into different little paper envelopes you have made - LABEL & Place into a Empty Black Film Cannister into which has been placed a little Silicon Satchal ( the type you get when you buy a good pair of Leather shoes ) OR do what I do & Walk around the Womens Shoe department - preferably with the little lady or a daughter & looking on the floor , I always find a few packets of the stuff - Great for storing any type of seeds as it takes up any moister.

Store Film Cannisters in Freezer for Long term storage - taking out & exchanging Silicone satchal every 4 months .

BY THE :

"Longbearded" One

Thanks Great info, I think that I agoing to have more seeds than I wanted, I may have a room full of seeds as the male let some go either in my house or before I got it out. Well the one plant that I wanted to seed out has small seeds already.I figure in about two or three weeks I should have a good 50/50 cross.I hope it was worth it.I will keep you posted.

G'day All,

Glad I coul'd help, Actually the last lot of Hash Plant x Ak-47 Male Pollen I had stored in the freezer was confiscated by the Boys in Blue ....ha ...ha....,.. they thought they had found a heap of crystal meth , they didn't believe that it was male pollen , All this because of a fruity bitch , who stayed upstairs ( 2 story house ) for a couple of weeks after her husband to be dumped her , Its usually empty except for xmas when owners come for short hols stay ???? ,

This little visit happened months ago , but totally destroyed my breeding stock- all my seed stock - 30 yrs of cross breeding old types of weed , laughing gear - not to mention all my grow gear , now just to poor to buy new stock ...... thats life ......spewing ....thanks for listening

longbearded