i do apologize for my bad post, i guess i must have been ADHDing hard,  my concentration does e lack sometimes, i will try harder from know on, the word swim is a acronym which means not me, it is commonly used in other forums like (drugs forum) but clearly not here, it will not be used again.

i will try to explain my post better, the first part of my post tells how i breed, and the other half asks why my offspring turn out the way they do so

1--  i grow many plants each year, and i always need more seed, so i pick my best female, and cross it with my pick male, i choose a male that smells strong, has a good yield, and is a early flower, and the first lot of seeds produce great plants, and they look very much like each other, quite good, but next year the next crop of seeds start to vary some what, about 70% grow fine, but the 30% flower some what thin and produce stringy buds, the next years breeding gen 3  produces about  50% solid bud formation and 50%  produce some what skimpy buds.

2-- the second part of my post asks why my plants loose there good traits, is it the males fault, am i selecting the wrong male, because  males hide there flower potential  some what, im guessing is.

A-- a male should be of good size

B--probably smell a bit more than the other males

C-- should flower early

so i simply ask how do you pick the male, im thinking solid bud formation is what i need,  all my seed are white widow and white rhino,(nirvarna) and i never mix them, so the potency is going to be there with pretty much any pheno, would it be a safe bet picking the fastest flowering male because that would correspond to indica more than sativa, which would help keep the solid bud formation i am after, what makes the best male are the traits of the above ABC the correct way to choose the male.

3--- would fem seeds be the best way to go for me, instead of picking a male, with hidden growth habits, i could cross my best female with another female, with great  growth potential, by spraying a good female with colloidal silver, there would be not so many hidden growth habits that way. 

i hope that was explained better anyway 

Nirvana was rumored to make F2s of other people's work.  If that was true then he inbred very selectively bred plants and you've continued doing the same which over time takes away a lot of the genetic diversity and hybrid vigor found in the original strains.  If I were you I would cross your widow and rhino together and then use a few really good males from that generation to back cross to ladies from the oldest widow and rhino seeds you have.  The hybrid you make will have a huge boost in vigor, yield, etc. and back crossing it to the original strains will put some of that genetic potential back into the plants and make them 75%ish like the original strains.  They won't be pure but they'll perform so much better that you shouldn't mind and if you do you can always do a bit of an open pollination with either strain to keep them pure while retaining as much of the original genepool as possible.

... must be that time of the month?... anyway, getting back to male selection, for starters, Nirvana beans have already been crossed first time as all their beans are rip-offs, so depending on what you class as an F2 they already are.

You could try crossing either of those with a Skunk #1 male, as it's probably the most true breeding hybrid available,... keep the mothers, growing out the offspring and cross the best examples back to the original mother and keep cubing as was done with Cinderella 99... the 99 stood for 99% backcross :good:

The choice of strain is why things are falling apart, you want a strain that has either not been hybridised or is a hybrid that has been line bred down to repeatable traits (ie IBL or Inbred Line).

Nirvana's white rhino is an f1 hybrid and so a poor choice for home breeding.

Nirvana white widow is also an f1 hybrid and thus also poor choice for home breeding.

• Upvote 1