Arizer solo problems

HI all!

Having a problem with my new Solo. I received it 2 nights ago, turned it on and got a decent session out of it, no worries. I charged it the next morning to full battery, then I used it quickly once that day to show some friends how it worked, no problems its worked fine for one small bowl.

Now the next day (tonight) I went to fire her up and it wouldn't work. It turned on, it flashed on 7 to say the battery was full so I turned the temp up to setting 3, however it heated for about 15 seconds and then stopping (red lights stopped) and the blue idle light blinkered for a few seconds before the unit died.

I put it back onto the charger and it went straight up to 7 with the green light flashing indicating it has a full charge? What is going on?? I hope nothing serious as I got it shipping internationally to Aus from the US. The model number on it begins with M1C1.

Thanks

HI all!

Having a problem with my new Solo. I received it 2 nights ago, turned it on and got a decent session out of it, no worries. I charged it the next morning to full battery, then I used it quickly once that day to show some friends how it worked, no problems its worked fine for one small bowl.

FWIW: my guess is that it might be hosed. If you're comfortable pulling things with small screws apart, unplugging and replugging the battery just might reset the circuit board but I suspect yours needs replacement under warranty with a possible faulty circuit board - your battery sounds like it's holding a charge? m1c1 is recent - some of those ones will apparently charge and heat at the same time with the normal charger.

My experience with a DOA device: last year, I bought one off ebay that was (like yours might be) DOA - I registered it at arizer.com and submitted a warranty repair request - the oz distributer contacted me to offer to ship a replacement at their expense if I'd ship the busted ebay one at mine. By that time, I'd packed it up and spent $35 sending it back to the ebay guy who did the right thing and replaced it free postage - moral of the story - try Arizer - they really do seem to stand by their product - register it and then let them know the symptoms and ask them what to do?

Edited by doctor_nelson

FWIW: my guess is that it might be hosed. If you're comfortable pulling things with small screws apart, unplugging and replugging the battery just might reset the circuit board but I suspect yours needs replacement under warranty with a possible faulty circuit board - your battery sounds like it's holding a charge? m1c1 is recent - some of those ones will apparently charge and heat at the same time with the normal charger.

My experience with a DOA device: last year, I bought one off ebay that was (like yours might be) DOA - I registered it at arizer.com and submitted a warranty repair request - the oz distributer contacted me to offer to ship a replacement at their expense if I'd ship the busted ebay one at mine. By that time, I'd packed it up and spent $35 sending it back to the ebay guy who did the right thing and replaced it free postage - moral of the story - try Arizer - they really do seem to stand by their product - register it and then let them know the symptoms and ask them what to do?

Any idea how long it'll take to hear back from Arizer? Its been +24 hours now.

Any idea how long it'll take to hear back from Arizer? Its been +24 hours now.

I understand your enthusiasm (!) but you'll probably need to be patient - in my case it took about 2 weeks before I got the email from the Australian distributor - by then I'd already sent it back to the ebay supplier because I really wanted a working solo. Luckily I had a desktop hotbox to use - it hasn't been touched since the working Solo came back and now I also own a spare Solo just in case....yes, they are that good.