Clones Under Fluros

If I veg them under flouros for 8 weeks and then bud them under the hps would I get a good yield?

dwyndorf

I very much doubt it......your vegged plants after two months would be very stretched due to lack of a more intence light and not many budsites would emerge when you put them into flower. :D

You can certainly grow plants out under fluoros and then flower them under hps. By restricting growth you can maintain motherplants under them, and then when you're ready to flower again you just take clones from the mother a couple weeks before hand and then throw them under the hps for vegging and flowering after that.

If you vegged and flowered under hps, sure, you may get denser nodes and have shorter, better vegetative growth, but you can certainly do it. It's mostly a matter of forethought and planning, but it can be an effective setup for a small personal supply. :D

You can get plants ready under flouros so they only need aweek under the hid before you go into bloom. Pruning's the trick to making it work.

If you prune twice you'll have 4 nice main stems on each one that go berserk when you put it under the hid for a week. Good way to go if you're only using one hid light and want to cut down your grow time. I think the envirolite 125 watter flouros are the best for this. Little bro has one. Real good for vegging em up.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I trying to decide if I should bother taking clones at all, I've got 4 bronzewhalers that are only 4 weeks old, almost 18 inches tall and showing heaps of female pre-flowers. As far as I understand the only benefits of taking clones would be to save some time in the veg stage and a guarantee that the clones would be the same sex as the mother. I'm not sure its worth the hassle when growing from seed has been so quick and its only personal supply.

What do you think?

dwyndorf

Cloning's not really about saving time. The uniformity of growing from clones helps make the most of the space, but the main purpose is to preserve the best plant - I don't know how the Bronze Whaler is in regards to different phenotypes, but if one of your plants has a better yield than the others, or an extra nice taste to the smoke, then you can keep a mother of this (grown from a clone you take now) and take clones to grow, so every time you grow you'll get that extra yield in every plant, or all your bud will have the extra sweet taste. Growing from seed you may only ever get say one extra extra special plant out of a hudred or more seeds from the same parents. The problem with a female is you cna't tell till you've harvested and cured and smoked the buds.

V