Vapour star swelling

Hi,

A while ago I bought a vapour star and after about a week went back to the Billy, as it didnt seem to work very well. Anyway, this week I am on holidays staying in a unit at the beach, so thought for stealth reasons I would use the VS , but bought a kitchen blowtorch, rather than a bic, to heat it up. I have to say it works much better, gets me positively smashed!!The problem is that the metal swells, or, the timber shrinks while I am using it, and it is very difficult to pull out the little metal thing and stir it up, etc. The following day.it is back to normal again

Anyone know about this issue?

Ford

Edited by Ford Fairlane

Not your particular issue but a lot of people seem to have issues with vapourisers.

I think most of the problems are heat related, not hot enough. i dial up the temp on my volcano till it reaches a temp just before it causes the mj to smolder.

With the iolite, you just keep it going and draw from it until nothing comes out.

Vaps out all of the goodies, leaving useless waste, knocks me on my arse............ :greedy:

I have never heard of that issue before.

I doubt it would be the metal head swelling enough to jam it in, unless it was actually quite tight to start with... sounds like maybe the wood is a tad moist maybe? Have you soaked it at some point to wash it?

And yeah they definitely work far better with a torch, I have used one of these quite a few times with a torch and got good results.

A temp gauge on the VS would be interesting TW. I have no idea how hot it gets, but with the blowtorch I send no flame down the hole, the metal gets red hot and I still have to be careful not to roast the contents.

Cheers OzBongs, the VS has never been anywhere near water and has been sitting in its cardboard tube packed away for about the last 12 months.

Yeah man it works way better with the torch than a normal lighter, in fact I am now thinking of getting a proper vapouriser. Vaping is awesome, something i would not have said a week ago!! When i get home from my holiday I'll try and find a contact for Vapourstar and see what they reckon about the sticking insert. :)

peace

Ford

I agree that vapes aren't for everyone. I know personally, that I'm completely addicted to the pull through on a billy. I just am not as satisfied smoking any other way. That said though I'm looking for healthier alternatives as this shit can't go on forever.

When I got my Vape I did a shit ton of research. As most know, but I didn't then, different temperatures produce different highs as the ingredients in the cheeba vaporizes at different temps. As in, CBD and CBN vape at higher temps than THC. I believe there is some pretty strong voodoo magic going on with the interaction between those elements and you need all three to be baked.

In the morning I'll vape at 190, for a uplifting energetic high. At night I vape at 220 for the full effect which can make me useless to anyone

Similarly, he stuff I vape at low temps I keep for cooking as the active elements still remaining transfer well to food. The stuff Left over from vaping at higher temps is just crud so itgets thrown.

• Upvote 1

Cheers Ferret, if I get a proper vape I will keep those temps in mind.

I just thought I'd update this topic: I think the swelling issue I was having was just the unit being "run in" I am loving the vape star now, I have barely had a billy or a pipe since I got back from that holiday.  I have the thing tuned in now and get absolutely caned by the vape!!  You need a blowtorch though, a normal lighter just can't get the heat into it. :thumbsup: