Hydro vs Soil

boepimps right, the question of my original post hasn't been answered. I know hydro/hps yields more in a shorter time than soil/fluoro. however i'm not a heavy smoker, so fluoros may be enough for me. So I'm mainly interested in what will effect the quality of the finished product. The impression I get from Tom's posts is that it doesn't make a difference.

The other reason I'm thinking about soil/fluoros is that I don't like the idea of dealing with hydro shops.

I've got nothing to lose by giving it a go. If fluoros are good enough for me I've saved a few hundred bucks and the trouble of increased ventilation for cooling for a HPS. If i find its no good I can always upgrade my system for the next grow.

I've got nothing to lose by giving it a go. If fluoros are good enough for me I've saved a few hundred bucks and the trouble of increased ventilation for cooling for a HPS. If i find its no good I can always upgrade my system for the next grow.

Sounds good to me pipeman.

what should i start on, hydro or soil, i've heard that hydro is a tad more complicated, but easier in the long run, but a hard upkeep, is this true?

There are several different hydro methods, some hard and some easy, if you are unsure about hydro why not start with a good potting mix and see how you go?

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif