ROOR PURE SMOKE KULTURE

How much demand for genuine ROOR would there be in Australia?

A couple of months ago I received a phone call out of the blue from Martin Birzle who is the owner of ROOR in Germany and we have emailed a few times since.

From the phonecall I learnt that Martin and his company were not only fully aware that fake ROOR products were being imported and distributed all over Australia, but they were also intending to lodge paperwork with the Australian government and then take legal action against the importer when that paperwork was approved.

I don't know what stage this legal action is at but I have noticed that some of the online sites have removed their fakes?

He also offered me permission to import and sell genuine ROOR. Which I assume he believes will help combat the fakes.

I am a massive fan of bongs and smokeware and would love to stock ROOR and intend to do so, but I am not sure how much demand there would be, especially considering that fakes are everwhere and if that has reduced the value of the brand here?

It would be quite an investment to get started and I have been musing about viability of it for the last couple of months and can't make up my mind.

If anyone is interested in Genuine ROOR glass I would love to hear what sort of products etc, ie little sista, dealers cup, icemaster etc, price range, glass thickness accessories you like.

Cheers,

Paul

Hey Paul,

I'm not expert in small business by any leap of the imagination lol. I have noticed trends within the cannabis community throughout the years though. If i can make a few recommendations maybe you could gain some insight. Basically, there will always be a market for high-end glass in the cannabis community, maybe not a huge market for it yet in australia though. Could i suggest stocking a cheaper range of quality bongs alongside the roor range, the NON CUSTOMISED roor range. As the cannabis community in australia expands the desire for high end glass will increase. Roor is high end glass but many of the popular headie glass pieces in the cannabis scene make roor bongs look cheap, not at all costly to the consumer. If i can recommend a high end glass brand that is good quality glass that would sell long aside the range of roors for instance it would be Cheech Glass. They make high-end cheap glass bongs and are likely to be like hot cakes even within the current cannabis culture in australia. I would suggest simply stocking 2 of the most popular model of roor bong by simply evaluating reviews across the web for said products. By evaluating such you can make more informed decisions on purchasing bongs that are likely to be popular.

If you are able to attain roor bongs at a cheaper rate than the consumer try to match the prices of roors on other sites but include a fee for the postage of a roor from germany (incase you have run out of the one or two roor bongs of every model).

Good luck, the cannabis industry in australia is beginning to boom and will continue..

Kudos.

Oh yeah, WELCOME ABOARD !!!!

Edited by RadiateLight

When it comes to glass for smoking i like the more robust bongs, as there is ways that opps moment lol.

My self dont mind paying that lil extra for something of quality, i spent over $200 AU with shipping for one bong.

There will be 2 markets for them imo, 1 will be the budget who have limited funds but still want nice all glass bong to use that wont kill there funds.

There will be the people that wont mind spending the $$$ for the top shelf, i for one would be willing to spend that lil more for my glass.

I have never used a "real" roor so cant really comment on them. but do like some of the ones i have seen and would look good sitting on my shelf at home...

I have always balked at the price of Roor glass. It does seem to be the most recognisable brand of glass but every time I've considered buying it I end up finding another brand that seems a much better deal for the price.

If you could employ the services of a skilled local Australian glassblower I reckon you would have no trouble selling their work.

Naycha :peace:

• Upvote 1

Personally i'm not one for brand names when it comes to anything, sure some brands have their reputation but it usually comes with a premium price, some products do have an exception though.

I'm currently using a cheap agung from my local markets (don't know if it's legit :P) But it's solid, works like a bong should and i don't really have any problems, i've added on a generic glass ash catcher and changed all the stems and cones for glass pieces too.

But don't get me wrong i do appreciate the work and craftsmanship that goes into making some of these pieces, i just can't justify spending extra money for names and fancy features.

There is no practical reason to buy high end glass, but some people collect it, I have to admit I have spent more on my personal collection than I should have. it almost becomes addictive and I have mates in the same boat.

But at the end of the day Agung makes some of the best daily drivers you will come across.

Sabco and Cottees! Long live the bucket bong:-)

Seriously though, that idea of an Aussie based blower whipping up a few peices is a pearler of an idea! Would possibly be a way to keep some higher end glass peices within reach of a wider consumer base?

Roor are a bit pricey for most smokers, and coupled with the fact that alot of smokers are drinkers, well, the replacement cost is quite off putting.

There was mention of a member who was into glass blowing, a while back there was also a member from Russia, Siddie, who did some brilliant marble pipes.

I still use an Agung glass bong, same one I've had for the past three years. Grommets getting a little tired, but nothing the ol bluetack cant handle!

• Upvote 1

Sorry if it's a bit off track from the original post, just thought this would be a good place to show an example of one of AMG's more plain pieces. Don't expect this to be a cheaper option, but what you are getting is a one of a kind handmade Australian piece of functional art glass.

AMG recycler -

gallery_15017_1091_109361.jpg

Naycha :peace:

• Upvote 1