What Have I Created? Muhahahha Ha

attn guru's,.. any1?

i recently got a vapourtron. its pretty sweet - any1 got any good tips. I'm getting a pretty good hit as it is but the instructions were a bit light on.

anyway, the glass got pretty cloudy, pretty quickly :P and so I decided to clean it. I was looking around and spied some Bundy rum and threw a splash in (about 15ml), gave it a good swish and it started to break down the deposits on the inside of the glass. After a really good swish the glass was pretty clean. I was about to throw it away when it occured to me what might have disolved in the alcohol. I let it evap. and removed the residue.

can anyone tell me if there is any active ingredient disolved in the alcohol, and is there any problem putting this sludge back into the vape? :)

Guest niall
i recently got a vapourtron. its pretty sweet - any1 got any good tips. I'm getting a pretty good hit as it is but the instructions were a bit light on.

I don't know about the Vapourtron specifically, but my old one was pretty much the same thing. Fill up your bowl with herb and make sure you have a good seal around the dome, turn it on, and as soon as you start seeing the tiniest of activity in the dome (swirling vapour) start inhaling.

I'm not sure if the vaourtron is temperature calibrated at all, you might want to turn it off at some point, before the herb starts smoldering and producing smoke - probably not that long after you see the first vapours forming, you'll have to just experiment and see how you go.

That's pretty much it, it's all about judging the right temperature and not burning your herb, and you want a tight seal so you're only drawing air in through the proper intake (power cord hole on the Vapourtrons I believe), you don't want air coming in under the seal around the dome as you won't have enough negative pressure to get all of the vapour into your lungs as quickly as possible.

anyway, the glass got pretty cloudy, pretty quickly  :P and so I decided to clean it. I  was looking around and spied some Bundy rum and threw a splash in (about 15ml), gave it a good swish and it started to break down the deposits on the inside of the glass.  After a really good swish the glass was pretty clean. I was about to throw it away when it occured to me what might have disolved in the alcohol. I let it evap. and removed the residue.

can anyone tell me if there is any active ingredient disolved in the alcohol, and is there any problem putting this sludge back into the vape?  :P

Most of it is probably tars and carbon, but if you're doing it fairly soon after vaping there may be some viable cannabinoids left. Cannabinoids degrade when exposed to air, heat and light - so the quicker the better. Just swish some alcohol around to collect it all and down the hatch, your liver will process the cannabinoids if alcohol or fat is present. I wouldn't bother trying to vape the sludge, I remember reading that inhaling alcohol improperly can be quite harmful (there's a new device in the UK that properly dispenses measured doses into oxygen for inhalation), but I don't honestly know either way. It's probably not worth the hassle or the risk, just drink it to wake up your palatte for the next vape :)

Thx dude,

I was a bit sus of vapeing the alcohol swish. I suspected it would give off more than I had bargined 4. :P

I don't think the Vapourtron has been temp. limited. I will attach my temp prob. sometime and do some tests. We are aiming for 190 C or so - is that right?

Guest niall
We are aiming for 190 C or so -  is that right?

Yep, the first carcinogens are produced at about 200degC and the boiling point of THC is meant to be around 180-190 (in a vacuum), but it's thought to be lower than this in normal conditions.

We are aiming for 190 C or so -  is that right?

Yep, the first carcinogens are produced at about 200degC

the instructions in my volcano vape says vaporisation starts at about 190f.

i have'nt tried it lower than this; i will give it a go .

i didnt know that carci's started at 200f, luckly i have been mostly smoking at 190f--200f, much hotter than that and you lose the flavours that are one of the real pluses of vapin' it

anything over 235f and weed starts to burn and the vape turns more into a bong