I have a Bud-Out room that is 12ft Long,8ft high,and 4 ft wide.I have six cool white 40w Flo. on the side walls,(2) 400w Mh, and (1) 250 Hps..Is this enough?I have five plants in there now.One finishing off. The other four are just starting to BUD! :P One is a Indca Male I am going to cross it with one of my Stavia clones.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Also can i put a HPS 400 w in the same fiture I have the MH in? Thanks---------------DUH Thats SIX.The male is small with big balls I am going to move it out before it flowers.---------------Will I contamate the whole room if I bring in a baggie with pollen it? My thoughts are just putting the pollen on 1 Bud and let it make seeds. -------My own strain! I like the sound of that... Edited by Flopeye

I would be looking at 3 x 1000w lights for a room of those dimensions.

Also can i put a HPS 400 w in the same fiture I have the MH in? Thanks

You could use the reflector but unless you have a switchable ballast you will need to get one for the HPS.

Will I contamate the whole room if I bring in a baggie with pollen it? My thoughts are just putting the pollen on 1 Bud and let it make seeds. -------My own strain! I like the sound of that...

Switch off the fans for this process and be very careful not to drop pollen on any lower parts of the plant, if possible it is best to preform this operation outside and away from the grow room, change and shower before re-entering the GR after handling pollen.

:P

I have a Bud-Out room that is 12ft Long,8ft high,and 4 ft wide.I have six cool white 40w Flo. on the side walls,(2) 400w Mh, and (1) 250 Hps..Is this enough?I

It totally depends on the setup of your plants, how far from the lights they are, your ventilation, etc... but as tom said, you could substantially alter the configuration of those lights to give you more efficiency. I'd tend towards a couple of 600's on a light mover myself, you could get great coverage that way.

Lighting in HID terms is usually given as having an optimum level of 50w per square foot of canopy to light. That can help you to calculate how much wattage and how many lights of different types you may need to effiicently light your canopy. Course, individual light choices, (the wattage difference of 400 - 600 - 1000) brings their own efficiencies and disadvantages to the system according to how you're growing, some lights produce more lumens per watt and others have more concentrated light footprints, more or less heat etc... But you can usually work out fairly well how much lighting you'd need to grow optimally using the 50w psf calc.

Ventilation is also extremely important in any lighting consideration. Can you extract enough air from the GR to keep the canopy at a temp which growth is good? Can you keep the air moving through the canopies enough to ensure no bud-rot can have a chance to develop... etc.... If you do upgrade your lighting, remember that you'll have to compensate with adequate ventilation and air-movement around the plants to keep them cool. More lights=more heat to remove. :)

Will I contamate the whole room if I bring in a baggie with pollen it? My thoughts are just putting the pollen on 1 Bud and let it make seeds

Yeah, do it with a baggie, shut off ALL ventilation and air movement, and be very careful to wash all clothes and shower well before re-entering the GR after pollinating.

Check out my ww growing thread, and have a look for some threads on pollination through the search, you'll find some useful information on the subject. I've recently branch pollinated one of my WW's with some BW pollen, and I'm awaiting the results with anticipation.

It's usually easier just not to worry about growing your own seed, after all the effort and time, you may not end up with something worth keeping. That and the fact that you also risk pollination of the whole crop if you make any major errors. But if you're confident, and you really want to try, go for it mate. I'll be looking forward to the flopeye pollinates his ladies thread. :P

p.s. make sure you store your pollen correctly before application too. Pollen is virile, but at the same time quite delicate. Moisture and high temps will degrade and destroy pollen.

3x 1000 is that mh,or Hps? I do have 2 more mh fitures, Would 2 more 400w mh work? I will enclose pic.of what I have now.This shows the three lights up top.400mh,250HPS,and another 400w mh, Yes homemade reflectors, I may not have the lights close enough.I do like the HPS light,does it make the leaves look purple to any of you? I really appreciate all of the answers, Quick too. Its kinda late here,I run my lights from 2pm until 2am , I seem to be up more at these hours and can keep a close eye on them.-------------------I need to really shut this down and get some KILLER seeds But I am a bit worried about that...Odering that is.

post-67-1082520167_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flopeye