Advice Needed On Mother Plants

Another trick with your mother plants - is when they are cuttings and starting to grow put them in a really small container and wait till the roots totally fill the container, then put into a slightly bigger container and so on until you reach about a 20 inch diameter container and 20 inch depth. By root bounding the plant into bigger containers you will have biggest root ball you have ever seen.

JAck have you actually done this yourself and seen the comparitve difference,

Theres been a bit of info of that running around the site recently but when I asked on a gardening forum I was told that its an old wives tail and infact all your doing is stressing the plant causing the top to grow slowly and the roots keep going at the same rate, therefore ending up with a huge root ball but a very small plant compared to the size of the roots??

I have never tried it myself so Im not 100% convinced either way.

only problem is wouldnt large roots on a motherplant be a problem? I was told that the roots have to be cut on a motherplant to keep one??

Edited by Ferenge420

Hey Star Trek,

Yes it does works but I feed my mums a couple of different additives that help the root system.

I alternately use "bio bugs" on one water change and then on the next water change I use "oxy plus" on the alterante week instead of "bio bugs".

The bio bugs puts a thick coating on the roots and really build the root system and the oxyplus strips a small amount of the root system cleaning it out.

The result is the whitest, furriest root system you have ever seen.

I also periodically use CannaZym on my mums for 4 weeks at a time. This helps any dead or dying roots to break down so that they do not cause rot, also causes the roots to have more space and oxygen.

When you do your repotting use a "canna" product called "Rhizotonic" to relieve the amount of stress on the plant.

Peace.

yeah I read it mate, But I have not used bio bugs before. I always use oxyplus.

Anyways I was in the understanding that Biobugs were living enzymes that establish a good bug around the roots to protect them.

and the Oxyplus kills any single celled particle including good and bad bugs.

So one week you telling ti to prtect itself with bugs, the next week your killing them all??

But Hey dont get me wrong, if it works im going to try it out.

Thanks Bro, I always wondered if that would work.

Edited by Ferenge420