Pot Size and effect on plant.

Heya all need some input and answers.

what happens when a plant outgrows it's pot size? will it will pretty much be stunted and stay the same size? 

can you use that to your advantage in some ways?

my idea instead of 1 plant in a 40cm pot within my 40x40 cupboard, i can fit 4 plants each in 20cm pots.

is there any pro's / con's by doing this?

the plant won't vegetate as much after the roots fill up the pots, but how will this affect flowering? ... i want to utilise the space in my cupboard better.

My first thoughts are that watering will be a pain with smaller pots as you will have to water much more often leaving more room for error if you don't get them before they're too dry.

I have scrogged a few times in a wardrobe and while yield was similar there were much less popcorn buds.

I would go one plant or a few clones in a bigger pot if you can fit it, I used to use a 50L pot in mine.

Basically more roots = more buds to a point.

Naycha :peace:

Heya all need some input and answers.

what happens when a plant outgrows it's pot size? will it will pretty much be stunted and stay the same size? 

can you use that to your advantage in some ways?

my idea instead of 1 plant in a 40cm pot within my 40x40 cupboard, i can fit 4 plants each in 20cm pots.

is there any pro's / con's by doing this?

the plant won't vegetate as much after the roots fill up the pots, but how will this affect flowering? ... i want to utilise the space in my cupboard better.

Heya SJ =) , You might be able to fit the pots in, but the vegetation outta the tops of em, might be a problem..... lol

The only problem with packing them in is light penetration, 80w CFL is good for about 1- 1 1/2 ft in a thick canopy.

If you use an enzyme that breaks down and eats dead roots, you should be able to keep a plant in a smaller pot without causing problems.

I just revegged in 20lt pots, no pot up, just left em...... all good. They been in same pots now for 2 grows, no root problems, just gnats...... lol

I'm with Naych, more roots, more buds......... I'd go the one and train the top.

Peace. Nibbler.