just a quick question?

i suggest everyone reads this. its perhaps the best germination guide i have read.

http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Germination-Guide

there other grow guides are very good too

Can't say I agree with the guide in total, but I do like this bit...

Low humidity in the room does not interfere with germination or healthy seedling growth. Remember: cannabis is not an orchid!

Edited by louise

yea thanks everyone fwih thanks for the link I read that and most of the other guides good info.

now 2 more questions I found a frog in my homemade dirt is this a good thing? and my dirt tends to turn to sloppy mud when over watered? would this be because its crap dirt. take into mind that after a day or so of drying its perfect colour an texture it has been used previously for growing purposes I would appreciate insight or recommendations for products that would help. its all outdoors and basically a semi-organic soil. cheers to anyone who takes the time to read this epic story and offer advice on it (: thankyou

The correct term for the condition where a seedling sprouts 3 leaves is Whorled Phyllotaxy.

Cannabis seeds are dicotyledon (ie seeds made up of a pair of embryonic leaves). A "tri-cotyledon" would require the seed to contain 3 embryonic leaves. This doesn't happen in nature. What you are looking at is a 3rd leaf that has begun to form shortly after germination.

It's a fairly common genetic mutation. Some grow out of the condition early and veg as usual plants, some fail during the seedling stage and some maintain the whorl through vegetative growth, but lose it at maturity when the growth pattern changes anyway.

Just treat it as a normal plant.

Edited by louise

ok so I understand that whorled phyllotaxy with the di-cotyledons and the tri-cotyledon bieng a common genitic mutation but what if that plant (seedling ) also has a set of 3 true leaves making it a 6 leaved seedling. barely a week old? just going off the pics I've seen and what I've read it looks like only the water leaves mutate into three? anyone with a bit more info? thanks in advance lol

ok so I understand that whorled phyllotaxy with the di-cotyledons and the tri-cotyledon bieng a common genitic mutation but what if that plant (seedling ) also has a set of 3 true leaves making it a 6 leaved seedling. barely a week old? just going off the pics I've seen and what I've read it looks like only the water leaves mutate into three? anyone with a bit more info? thanks in advance lol

Not quite,  tri cotyledon doesn't exist. The whorled phyllotaxy is a common mutation of the more usual oppositional phyllotaxy. The whorl (or 3 leaves instead of 2 per node) can persist until the plant reaches sexual maturity. At this point the growth normally changes from opposite to alternating phyllotaxy.

note: phyllotaxy = the arrangement of leaves around a stem.

Edited by louise
  • Upvote 1