My Cats Are Chewing The Lower Branches

The effect of a small amount might be negligible, like a single nibble, but if the cats injesting decent amounts compared to it's bodyweight then it's going to have an effect on it...

Interestingly, cannabinoids have few effects on purely herbivoirian animals, and many and varied effects on carnivores. So as your cat is a carnivore, (and the fact that I've seen quite a few stoned cats in my time...) it's likely going to be affected.

Probably won't kill the cat, depending on what you spray on your cannabis plants to keep bugs away, and the individual and how much they consume, but I don't think I've ever heard of a cat ingesting so much as to seriously harm themselves.

You'd be well advised to keep the cat outta there, it will bring in all kinds of pests and diseases on it's coat, particularly if it's in contact with any plants outdoors. Citronella oil is sometimes used as a deterrent to cats, and this works quite effectively. You could try some citrus products, or you could lead the cat away from the GR by planting out some catnip/mint or catgrass... You could also try deliberately ignoring the cat when it comes in, they thrive on attention, even of the bad kind. lol

Good luck mate, but keep that cat out if you don't want to wake up with spidermite one day. lol

buy a tin of sardines and leave them in the sun to go off, then a week later put the stinky off sardines around your plants, your kitty problem will soon dissapear forever. I dunno if thats true, some inbred redneck catkiller told me it.

Anyway, why not just share with your kitty, its only lower branches, you can still keep the upper ones for yourself.

other than that, get a dog to stay at your crop.

buy a tin of sardines and leave them in the sun to go off, then a week later put the stinky off sardines around your plants, your kitty problem will soon dissapear forever. I dunno if thats true, some inbred redneck catkiller told me it.

Yeah, the rednecks in Tassie use that bait, it's very permanent. lol

turtle (my girl cat) got caught eating one of my buds on a lower branch. I scrammed it fast, but she likes to hang around them, sleep next to them.. is she getting high? is she on drugs??! should I put something around the three pots to deter her?

that must be the funniest thing alive...stoned cats...sounds like a grunge band......

i tried to get my dog stoned....dadn't work....

I must tell you that I have a cat that loves it! He only like the VEG.stage though, when it starts budding he leaves it alone. He will chew on the lower leaves too,and seems to injest some but not alot. He is although a stoner , as he will rub up next to anyone with a joint and will set in the smoke exhaled,(2ND hand smoke). He is still young,with no ill affects, my Vet said it does him like catnip.I have heard of people smoking catnip....It looks like bud..Hey luke bag me up some of your catnip!!! Edited by Flopeye