One for the breeders. So I have collected seed from stretch, the Afghani fem, which I am assuming was pollinated by the hermies growing in the tent alongside her. She did not produce any staminate flowers, which is why I assume she was a she.

Currently, I am growing feminised Doctor, one of which is a very appealing pheno, strong, short bushy growth. Five clones of her are currently setting root.

I am considering trying to cross the Afghani with the Doctor in an upcoming grow, just because I want to.

But, being new to breeding, am seeking some wisdom. I now have the capabilities of separating male and female specimens, preventing any accidental pollination, and am focusing on the chapters regarding breeding in Robert.C.Clarkes biblical guide for growers.(Cannabis Botany) But this is an old publication, and there have been advances since it was penned, I can only assume.

Any and all advice would be welcome, as I am seeking to build up my knowledge prior to any soirees into this area of cannabis cultivation. Cheers in advance:-)

The beans are from stretch, the little ones be The doctor, and the seedlings are the last of the Doctor beans from my current grow.post-50453-0-77531500-1370694728_thumb.jpg .post-50453-0-45307400-1370695102_thumb.jpg

Edited by burner

I'd test the seed u have produced before any further crosses. If it was a hermi that got to your girl you may find hermit traits through a good percentage of the seed. At the same time as testing plant more known seed best bet may be to find best males to cross with the doc then back cross some of the male traits out in further growing maybe next outdoor season.

I'm sure there will be more responses think then weigh up options as to what suits you future plans and space.

• Upvote 2

One for the breeders. So I have collected seed from stretch, the Afghani fem, which I am assuming was pollinated by the hermies growing in the tent alongside her. She did not produce any staminate flowers, which is why I assume she was a she.

Currently, I am growing feminised Doctor, one of which is a very appealing pheno, strong, short bushy growth. Five clones of her are currently setting root.

I am considering trying to cross the Afghani with the Doctor in an upcoming grow, just because I want to.

But, being new to breeding, am seeking some wisdom. I now have the capabilities of separating male and female specimens, preventing any accidental pollination, and am focusing on the chapters regarding breeding in Robert.C.Clarkes biblical guide for growers.(Cannabis Botany) But this is an old publication, and there have been advances since it was penned, I can only assume.

Any and all advice would be welcome, as I am seeking to build up my knowledge prior to any soirees into this area of cannabis cultivation. Cheers in advance:-)

The beans are from stretch, the little ones be The doctor, and the seedlings are the last of the Doctor beans from my current grow.attachicon.gif1370694702440.jpg .attachicon.gif1370694948654.jpg

Hey burner,

was the doctor a ghs strain ?

Studying basic plant genetics a'la mendelian genetics should keep you on the right path. The pungency of the male will indicate how expressive the female mother will be displayed within future progeny in terms of aroma anyway. The vigour of the male will contribute to vigourous offspring. This seems to apply somewhat anyway.

Ciao & farewell :)

• Upvote 1

Hey Lou, yeah sorry, stretch was pollinated by a late turning hermie, so if lucky, only fems will be available, if anything. Got three other strains in at the moment, regular seed of AK47xT/wreck, a bagseed from a mate and another mate handed over some seed from his outdoor last year. Was definitely a Sativa, biggest plant I'd seen in a while, but was seeded by an indica he had growing close by. The last two are a stab in the dark for a pollen parent, but it's a canna seed, and worth while planting:-)