Curly Leave Desease

Or as it's more generic name "Hemp Streak Virus". I have found after searching one text and a dozen sites what has spread throughout ALL of my mum's. I know it's has a insect vector (the fly's again) and it's has wiped out crops since the 40's. But how do I save my mum's? Treatment is always mysteriously never mentioned. Is it like HIV and no cure?

I have pruned all the sick new growth and have started them on PH neutral with Rizatonic, Bio-Bugs. Last week they have been Bio-Buged with a drop of Superthrive in the PH neutral and the virus spread throughout every plant. If there's no improvement over the next week I will have to kill them all. Hoping it's not to late already.

Here's a jpeg of before I pruned them all,

post-24-1081152962_thumb.jpg

Sounds nasty mate, have you tried to dowse them in fongarid??? fongarid can be used with exact same directions they give for soil pots. I dunno if its gonna solve your problem, but its gotta be worth a try eh??

Fongarid a little box in your nursery with 4 satchels in it, cost $10, you'll put the satchel in water and use about 50 to 70 mils of that water per pot. then flush it through with water.

If you have a virus in your plants, and yes, it's likely to have come in with the flies from an infected plant nearby, (do you have tomatoes? Do you smoke cigarettes?) then there is no cure.

None whatsoever for viruses. The only way to remove virus from a plant is to kill it. And the only way that orchid growers have been able to get non-virused lines from virus infected plant material, (sometimes the only one of it's kind) is through meristem cloning, involving laboratory techniques. I doubt this could be easily employed to remove it from herbaceous annuals though, and I've never heard of it being used to do so either.

So what do you do? If you think you have a virused plant, destroy it. Immediately. Incineration is the best bet. You must then completely eliminate any potential sources, and remove any suspected material from the gr. Total cleaning, as in sterilisation, is required.

There are many, many stories of whole orchid collections needing to be destroyed because they contain virus. It's just too big a risk for them, and if you have a virus in your plants, then I'd venture it's too big a risk for anyone else. Any clones are infected, any plants in contact with them should be considered infected, and destroyed.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Course, it could be something else, but if you've gone through all the other motions and it appears to be this nasty, then get rid of em immediately. :D

i found this........ somewhere.....

The hemp streak virus (HSV) is frequently cited on fiber cultivars in Europe. Foliar symptoms begin as a pale green chlorosis. Chlorotic areas soon develop into a series of interveinal yellow streaks or chevron-stripes. Some-times brown necrotic flecks appear, each fleck surrounded by a pale green halo. Flecks appear along the margins and tips of older leaves and often coalesce. Streak symptoms predominate in moist weather, flecks appear during dry weather. Leaf margins become wrinkled and leaf tips roll upward, leaflets curl into spirals. Whole plants assume a "wavy wilt" appearance

im no expert but i dont thik you have this.

the pic attatched is of a nitrogen deficiency (found on the net) which i think i have.

post-24-1091689549_thumb.jpg