Clones From Clone?

i was interested in what pipeman said about the genetic life of a plant, I think this can be important, as with most hydro crops at around 3mths outdoors in a natural enviroment upto 9mths, my cuurent hydro crop is about 6or 7 months old with 3or4 months outside and about 2 weeks to go under lights, there significantly better than the last crop but both crops come from the same seeds and group of seedlings.

but from what i've seen and read so far there seems to a fair amount of instability of strain amongst alot of varietys of seeds and clones so i supose the first place to start is with a very stable strain.

I was wondering this also, because the strain I have got clones of is 15 years old,

I thought it would just be old and crappy, but apparently this strain is a real killer.

Anyways I have some going and the original guy that bred the strain 15 years ago is no longer living, but his clones still live on.

I was warned that mine are the last survivors of the strain as everyone that had it got busted.

It has no name, it was just bred from good strains and its line has been forgotten.

Its mainly sativa based but does have some indica phenos to it.

This is the best strain that I have grown, the only downside is it takes forever to finish. typical sats.

I just asked the guy I got it from and he says he doesnt know whats in it either but says he knows it has real Romulan in it.

He reakons its one of the last true Romulan based plants left in the world (BS I reakon).

but I tell ya one thing, this plant need STRONG odour control. even in veg you can smell the thing.

Edited by Ferenge420

One strain that is known to be unstable is Bubble Gum, it usually loses stem thickness over time. On the other hand I have heard of growers keeping White Widows going for many years with no problems

Hmm this makes little sense to me........

Bubblegum is a more solid stemmed plant, while white widow is a thinly hollow stemmed variety, or the specimens I kept we're. i've found solid stem plants to be particulariraly easy to clone. I dunno how long I've had my Bubblegum, but it is a few "years". I've never seen a detioration in quality.

Bubblegum is unstable in which sense??? If you mean from seed, its an inbred line mate. The Serious version anyways, white widow is reknowned for its instability from seed and in breeding use, bubblegum not. Do you mean the plant itself is genetically unstable???

Bubblegum and White Widow will both be fine kept indefinately as clones AS LONG as no diesease infects them, in my experience.

Anyways, I'll have to see how my next crop of bubblegum clones goes, and then white widow after that actually, i hope the genetics havent turned to mush or whatever. :P

:P ay WC, i had WWfor years and it was grouse. the only drama i had was getting rid of my mums and letting some other bonehead try and get it happening. fuckwad told us all day, every day we were doing it wrong. 4 weeks is all it took to lose them...since that episode we harvested and re-veged to get our own "good" cuttings back. due to different techniques, some werent as flash as others. in all honesty, had the mums stayed with me, thee whole thing would still be going 10 to the dozen. fuck, id be sellin` the lil tackers. top grower, top keeper, bit slow and under-weight for commercial pot but a beautiful strain either way...dont worry about what others say anyway, try out for yourself. me, i cant grow an azalea! cunts keel over in the nursery when they see me, yet i grew a pineapple in melbourne...okay it was friggin small and vweighed fuck all, but lets see some grow a strawberry in cairns that tastes like a strawberry....

ferenge420 is weekprik, anyone pick up on that?

JAIKAI

ferenge420 is weekprik, anyone pick up on that?
:;): ::P:
while white widow is a thinly hollow stemmed variety
Disagree with you there, most widows I've seen were monsters, Nothing thin stemmed about them. Hardy plant, and the most stable I've been lucky enough to get hold of.
top grower, top keeper, bit slow and under-weight for commercial pot but a beautiful strain either way...dont worry about what others say anyway, try out for yourself
For sure man, one to keep in the GR for awhile :P Edited by Chev

Disagree with you there, most widows I've seen were monsters, Nothing thin stemmed about them. Hardy plant, and the most stable I've been lucky enough to get hold of.

thats not what I meant, Go take a nice cut off a White Widow growing under HPS, its stem is hollow down the centre, most cannabis plants are, but bubblegum is not, it does grow solid stems , or the phenotype I have does. The thin-ness of the stems in reference to the walls of the stem.

Stable, in what sense, I was talking stable in a breeding sense, its not a stable true breeding strain according to very knowledgable breeders on OG and CW from what I've read. IMO it was fairly stable grown from seed from what I remember, but so are good F1's.

Obviously different phenos from seed may give different stem types, but this an observation I've noticed about both varieties that I have kept as mums.

One strain that is known to be unstable is Bubble Gum

I've had mine for six years now. Not from clone to clone to clone etc...... Have had 9 or ten different mums in that time. All of the plant is solid. Roots are the main issue for a good BG. Very very vigorous, and does tend to totally clog the pots toward end of grow. Nute buildup/burn can be the result.

I haven't noticed any change in the plant over the years. Genetic change does not even ring close to plausable to me. Genes is Genes, and evolutionary change takes a little more time than any of us growers have.

Ok.... here's the edit..... I am not talking about the POS bubblegum that BOG has been selling for years at OG.com

My Pheno is from best of 50 seeds from original breeder.......

So I am told :P

Edited by fossil

:P im talking stability in the sense of a mug handling the material. you cant fuck up without trying to...thats my thinking. im lead to believe some strains are not as tolerant as others in relation to propagation and general growing and maintainance. i cant speak on other issues (genetic dominance of parentage etc), because i know fuck all about that stuff, im not a botanist. we all know that the echium fatstuosum is, although related, much easier to grow and maintain than echium simplex...we dunno why though...as for the stem, hollow or not, it doesnt matter. age of the material counts in the propagation scene. thinking about it, dont think ive ever seen a solid stem of fresh material...fuck, now you got me wondering WC...

JAIKAI