Leave Curl

A bit of a problem when it's all your Mum's (and clones). I will give it another three days, then I will be forced to follow your advice. :D

As to vectors I have the solution (and have had since Dec). The new room will be completely sealed with screens to stop insects for the air flow. Unfortunately thieves stole my last crop and delayed the room. Since then it's been a make do improvise type thing. Next month the new rooms will be made, with a blue insect zapper as well as other wizz bang add-ons like a fast output fan and multiple low wattage tables.

Edited by Kimba

The're all dead. Mum's of several fine strains. And all the clones. Cry...

Now all I hope it has also stayed out of the Black Widow seeds I popped last week. Luckily the strains are all recoverable. Multiple redundancy is the key.

I should have taken Tom's advice and saved what Mum's that hadn't been infected at the time. Oh well, now I know a bit more. Thanks everyone.

P.S. to quote Dr. Doug "Coco may attract insects but I have pulled 28 using Coco and only ever pulled 20 before then" that and quality is Coco.

P.S. to quote Dr. Doug "Coco may attract insects but I have pulled 28 using Coco and only ever pulled 20 before then" that and quality is Coco.

sounds more like hes pulling himself to me,

I bet anything you want that WC can Out grow Dr dolittle with using Perlite etc.

The medium makes no difference to the way a plant grows,

The difference is the way the grower deals with the medium eg- I tried a perlite grow and they all fucking died, I tried verm/perlite, verm, self waterers, hand waterers and I still couldnt do as well as my flood and drain with Hydroton.

I looked at Coco awhile ago and reakon its crap, its just an immatation Peat concoction. And like WC said its a shitty, claggy, "fake soil".

Through out this whole thread nobody has mentioned NEEM for killing the fuckers that eat our plant, Which is funny because it works the best and is natural, it also doesnt harm the plant in anyway.

What colour were the roots? I reakon its probably root rot from cutting the mum back too much and not cutting the roots, the un-needed roots have died and rotted the coco.???

:wacko: Yeh I reckon you're on a good thing with the coco, it retains the moisture and provides heaps and heaps of room for very welcome oxygen.I use it now and have never had a problem with bugs, whereas the perlite that I used for years attracted every fucker known to man.Neem oil is great as preventative every two weeks as a normal routine, but it also does the work if you find bugs present.Keep on coco-ing!

I know a fair few growers that swear by coco, the main problem you get with it is scarid fly (fungus gnat). One way to get past it is to run a scarid fly drench at a very very light dose maybe once a month. Just a tiny bit, as a preventitive mesure. I personally don't bother with it mainly because of scarid fly, and I don't like the idea of dosing the plant with chemicals. It's been taken off the shelves in WA as far as I know anyway (scarid fly drench).

I've seen some awesome monsters grown in coco, usually in a run-to-waste.

I still stick with perlite, or perlite/vermiculate, in a run-to-waste. Clayballs for recirc :wacko: Coco has too many problems associated with it for my liking :D