Ive done an experiment. One cutting has been slid down the side of a containerm the other has been placed in the center of the container. the one on the side of the container is doign so much better. Any ideas why?

For some reason, I could only guess, the root formation is much better in a stem placed up hard against unatural polystyrene on oneside, perlight on the other. all sitting in a bubbler.

Pix soon-ish

Ooo, yeah an dthe other think a bit of photography can teach you, is I need to clean up a bit!, This, 'other' tent is getting a bit forgotten.

The milk containers have their bottoms cut off. They are used as a tall humidity hood for a freshly cut clone.

All the dry stuff on the tent floor, need to go. Todays job...

post-37454-0-80329200-1365126254_thumb.jpg

The two empty chambers are a tribute to Barnies farms limp dick... no vannila Kush and no Pinapple Chunk :( very sad.

Edited by iTiC

20, yeah, The statistical score. Im going to need a smaller container to put the clone in. I have another polystyrene box good to go. Im going to have to put some thought into how best to build it. Each clone needs a smaller container to sit in to be able to house anywhere near 20 of anything. I might be able to do 10 and get another box. That works out, I have two 80W CFL's in a shade they would sit well under those.

The temptation is to go bigger, and Ive re-thought this and replanned it several times as I type this.

In the area I have able what to do and when is the next challenge.

No idea about differing rates of root formation, but I've just grown out Vanilla Kush and the PC. The Kush was really nice to grow, great yielding and a great smoke. The PC smokes OK, but was a pain to grow and had airy/fluffy/leafy buds.I will definately re-visit the VC at some stage, but frankly can't see what all the hype is about the PC, so ya only really missed out on one if that's any help ;)

• Upvote 1

No idea about differing rates of root formation, but I've just grown out Vanilla Kush and the PC. The Kush was really nice to grow, great yielding and a great smoke. The PC smokes OK, but was a pain to grow and had airy/fluffy/leafy buds.I will definately re-visit the VC at some stage, but frankly can't see what all the hype is about the PC, so ya only really missed out on one if that's any help ;)

Oh cheers yeah that makes me feel a bit better. Hmmm. Yeha The VK was one of the first varieties to really get my eye. Interesting I decided to get Pinapple Chunk because someone said one joint was an all day affair. Ill have to have another think about VK, but for now I think the next indica dom will be White Widow. I was so stoked to get these beans. They are an Xmas and farewell gift from a mate, plus they are regulars and Im looking for a good male.

I don't know what went wrong with ya seeds Canna, I never had a problem cracking me Barneys seeds. Every seed except one I think, and that was my fubar...... lol

Limp Dick is a bit strong, seen as ya dont know if its their fault or not, could of been sitting in the seedbanks shelf for years. Got both lots of mine thru Demonseeds and Bonza.

Hope ya have better luck with ya White Widow.

Pineapple Chunk is a great strain, had some of the chunkiest buds off of that strain.........me thinks some people look outwards, instead of inwards, maybe ya doing something wrong Stoned offroad? Just a thought...........

Peace. Nibbler.

Pineapple Chunk is a great strain, had some of the chunkiest buds off of that strain.........me thinks some people look outwards, instead of inwards, maybe ya doing something wrong Stoned offroad? Just a thought...........

Peace. Nibbler.

Yeah I thought about that, it's possible but unlikely. Every other strain in that grow turned out great, PC no so. Wouldn't think it's requirements would be so specialized as to warrant a fully customised environment.

I've seen a few pics throughout the web of PCs looking like mine. There might be the odd keeper that pops up from time to time but it seems like a lot of peeps get the shitty version that I did.

I don't know what went wrong with ya seeds Canna, I never had a problem cracking me Barneys seeds. Every seed except one I think, and that was my fubar...... lol

Limp Dick is a bit strong, seen as ya dont know if its their fault or not, could of been sitting in the seedbanks shelf for years. Got both lots of mine thru Demonseeds and Bonza.

Hope ya have better luck with ya White Widow.

Peace. Nibbler.

yeah its a bit rough. When testing the same method with fresh beans. They took off. So sadly Ive had a bad run the batches I chose had a few unlucky seeds in it.

They manage to crack bout 50% of the time but very few have popped up so far.

Hoping for WW yeah

My only thought as to what may have done this is a storage issue. They have been refrigerated since I got them. Maybe freezing would have been better.

Edited by iTiC

Fridge works fine for me, if you want to be pedantic (I do lol ) add some silica beads to the storage container seperated from the seeds by cotton wool or something. The freezer should be fine too but if I was doing that I'd put in the fridge with the beads first then into the freezer.

Naycha :peace:

• Upvote 1