• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Sol-Sense 315W Sol-Unit LEC Digital Ballst Kit
Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products

Photo

Suspended sentence for pot believer

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Naycha

Naycha

Concentrating....

• 420 Crew
  • 6060 Posts:
  • Interests:Quality
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
Suspended sentence for pot believer

MEAGAN DILLON   |  March 28th, 2013

A TERRITORY man who believed radiation and chemotherapy treatment killed three loved ones started growing cannabis because it was a "major benefit" to the immune system and "cured" his mother of cancer.

Michael Bede Dooley, 59, was given a six-month fully suspended jail sentence in the NT Supreme Court for cultivating 81 cannabis plants.

The Batchelor service station owner had been growing the crops for up to seven months when police raided his property in May last year.

The court was told that Dooley was growing the plants because he believed cannabinoids were beneficial to the human immune system and could cure his sick mother.

Justice Peter Barr was told his belief stemmed from the loss of his wife, grandmother and friend who were all undergoing radiation or chemotherapy when they died.

His wife died at 22, leaving the then-26-year-old with three children aged one, two and four in 1978.

Justice Barr said: "You use cannabis to treat your own health ailments and to treat your mother's cancer.

"You believe, and I accept that you sincerely believe, that you cured your mother's cancer by administering to her cannabinoids."

He said Dooley was not a recreational user but took the drug solely for medical purposes.

"This case is a most unusual one,'' he said.

Justice Barr said Dooley was a well-respected member of the Batchelor community and had no previous convictions.

www.ntnews.com.au/article/2013/03/28/318973_ntnews.html

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

BullArabBuds

BullArabBuds

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 600hps and sun

Very cool. Let's hope it sets a precident. Damn good lawyer too i'm guessing :)

I like popcorn. It keeps my fingers out of the cookie jar   :afro: (i totally ripped this quote off)

Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

Stanley.

• Moderator Crew
  • 3373 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: Bic
Common law, it is a beautiful thing.

VOSTOK

VOSTOK

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

About time we got some good news of Canna in Australia

Diital

Diital

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Spiritual
  • Fav. Type:Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:None

good to hear. I wonder if the verdict would be any different if it was in NSW or VIC

CYCO Platinum Series Hydroponics Nutrients & Additives
Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.