Mullaways Medical Cannabis?

Oz

Question

• Admin

The below is an extract from the attached file Guidelines for the use of Medical Cannabis in NSW & Australia, these are the guidelines proposed by Mullaways Medical Cannabis for legal medical cannabis in New South Wales and Australia. I am interested to know peoples thoughts and comments on this proposal by Mullaways Medical Cannabis?

Licence/Authorisation

The Single Convention establishes a system of controls in respect to the cultivation of opium poppies and cannabis. In accordance with Articles 23 and 28, parties are required to establish a centralised government agency to carry out functions in relation to the cultivation of opium poppies and cannabis, and only cultivators licensed by this agency may be authorised to engage in cultivation.

In Australia, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) fulfils this function at the commonwealth level.

Regulation should allow for high strength THC raw product grown for the extraction in to tincture.

All plants or breeds grown must register with IP Australia and comply with all relevant regulations.

Classification of Medical Cannabis Products

Medical Cannabis medicines, such as Mullaways Medical Cannabis Tinctures, require classification of Schedule 4 to allow for diagnosis and prescription by General Practitioners and subsequent accessibility to and from dispensaries.

Schedule 4 (plus inclusion in Appendix D to the Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Regulations):  Drugs in this schedule are usually those subject to abuse. Supply is by doctors prescription. Health Department approval to prescribe is not required. Other basic controls are the same as for Schedule 4 drugs.

Classification in the Poisons list would allow Cannabis and Cannabinoids to be prescribed by Medical Practitioners. As with other prohibited prescription drugs, all the other prohibitions would continue to apply.

Resin based extraction products are recognised to be a more effective treatment for some cases of chronic illness and chronic pain and need to be made available to patients through hospital admission/referral. While smoking is not a recommended form of administration of medical cannabis, some doctors may deem necessary to recommend to a patient the use of a vaporiser to more effectively treat some conditions of chronic pain and illness. These products also need to be considered for classification to allow for their manufacture to meet demand for use.

Dispensaries

Dispensaries will only be allowed to dispense medical cannabis extraction products classified under Schedule 4. Dispensaries do not manufacture or grow.

Mullaways_Guidelines_On_Medical_Cannabis.pdf

• Upvote 1

And the rich get richer off the illnesses and misfortune of others. Medical mj dispensaries are still just a business, and not what majority of medical mj users would truly like. We can grow our own medicine, make our own extracts and edibles. All we want is the freedom to do so, the opportunity to source strains from legitimate seed banks in our own country, and to live as normal a life as our illnesses will allow. But this also has to apply to the recreational user as well, we can already purchase seeds to grow our own produce, kits to brew our own beer, apiaries to make our own honey. Just right the wrong and scrap the laws that were influenced by big business and money at the beginning of last century.

When it comes time for me to leave this earth, I will be the one to die, therefore, while I am still here, should it not be my right to choose how I live?

• Upvote 6

And the rich get richer off the illnesses and misfortune of others. Medical mj dispensaries are still just a business, and not what majority of medical mj users would truly like. We can grow our own medicine, make our own extracts and edibles. All we want is the freedom to do so, the opportunity to source strains from legitimate seed banks in our own country, and to live as normal a life as our illnesses will allow. But this also has to apply to the recreational user as well, we can already purchase seeds to grow our own produce, kits to brew our own beer, apiaries to make our own honey. Just right the wrong and scrap the laws that were influenced by big business and money at the beginning of last century.

When it comes time for me to leave this earth, I will be the one to die, therefore, while I am still here, should it not be my right to choose how I live?

All too true, but unfortunately while there is corporate money and government revenue to be made it's highly unlikely that we will ever be able to legally grow our own here.  But so long as the legal consequences of personal growing don't get worse it's still a step in the right direction, and also one that would be highly beneficial for a lot of people who can't or wont grow their own. 

Needs work IMO. In his submission to the inquiry he spoke a lot about ensuring the product remained cheap for patients Looks a bit like sativex atm. People need the option to grow their own. I am also not sure that the list of illness is complete (insomnia and IBS, to name two).

that's the two I have IBS and  insomnia :bonghit:

The following quote is a cut and paste from Mullaways Facebook page,it was posted today. This is a good opportunity for Australians to unite about medical cannabisand put pressure on the powerbrokers to spend money on cannabis research. I think it is worth doing evenif you  aren't ill!

"Hi all, I think that we should start to concentrate our energy and focus towards the AMA (Australian Medical Association) for those unaware the AMA is an independent organisation which represents more than 27,000 doctors Australia wide. I w...ould like all chronically ill and dying Australians and all of those suffering daily in chronic pain etc too write an email or letter to the AMA and too express your desire to see progress in the area of research and legal access to Cannabinoid based medications produced from the Cannabis plant in Australia, and to ask the AMA what research, studies, clinical trials or any other data/information/documents that they are aware of on Cannabinoids and the health impact/benefits that it may have in general and then specifically for your particular illness/condition. How Cannabinoids interact with your particular condition and what information that they know of (as medical professionals)...AMA contact info can be found at: https://ama.com.au/ama-contact-information ...And remember people as facebook charges to advertise your message it is up to all of us to spread OUR message, so remember like and share..."