PostVape Firecrackers - Step by step

INSTRUCTIONAL BITS IN BOLD

Like my username implies, I'm a person that uses vapourisation as my preferred method.

As it happens I don't combust at all anymore.

So here's a recipe that I use for making a firecracker that actually tastes alrighty, with only post-vape as your green material. 

I was a little surprised at the potency of these considering it's already given me a mad stone first time around, but it works. 

I'm thinking it's either something-like-decarbing occurs when vaping and/or that it's dried out to a point that where like say, tea leaves 

the active ingredients are more easily drawn out. 

While the recipe itself is pretty simple, I'm trying to explain it as best I can and give a decent amount of information so you have a fairly

long read ahead of you. 

Get yourself some...

*Carrs watercrackers, or your preferred brand of thin/round cracker. 

*Peanut Butter - I use the Coles brand *smoothe* peanut butter - highest fat content in my supermarket anyways.

*Nutella.

*Spray-on cooking oil, canola is fine.

*Coconut oil - the type they use in indian cooking that solidifies white when it's not heated...the liquid one tastes feral...

Wasn't that some bullshit when Curtis died in Misfits?

Now when you haven't done this before, it's probably better to make each firecracker individually, so I'm instructing on that method here.

***Intermission about what I'm on about there - When you become more familiarised with the amounts needed for your amount of postvape/crackers/other ingredients, a method that works EVEN BETTER is to 

throw all your "wet" ingredients and your greens into a cooking bowl over a simmering pot, heat/melt them together then cool them in the fridge before putting the mixture in your crackers***

Heat up your coconut oil (just put the bottle in some hot water and let it sit)

So you want is to get your first cracker. 

Spread it with peanut butter, you want to spread it about 3mm thick and evenly.

Then get a drop of the coconut oil, and spread it on top of there with a spoon, use another drop if this doesn't get right over the surface of the PB. 

Put that aside, get your second cracker.

Spread your second cracker with nutella, 2-3mm thick.

Use your spray-on oil over the surface of that cracker.

***Another intermission here before we get to "how much postvape to use", I'm only going to say how much I use.

However, I say this on the basis of how far I take my greens when I vape them, which is starting to get brown but still a green colour in there as well, if say you went 'til it was nothing but brown and

all second-run and crushed and everything I can't really garauntee results. 

As I said, I vape mine a fair bit but it's to the point you can still tell what colour the material initially was*** 

Get both of your crackers, obviously wet-ingredient-side-up, and apply your post-vape. 

(Mine's been grinded pre-vaping btw)

I myself simply sprinkle over a solid layer on each cracker.

I don't build it up or anything, I just put on an amount that covers up most of the surface area,

Close your crackers together so the nutella and peanut butter sides meet.

Wrap those in foil, or whatever you prefer to use...some people don't use anything at all around them, but again I can only speak for my own results. 

***Yet another intermission here. 

About cooking - You don't have to. 

You may have heard people bangin' on about being able to do these without any heat and wondered about it. 

It's true, I've tried this. 

See the thing is, the thc is fat soluble yeah...it's stuck on fat in a dry/tea like state. The absorbtion will happen anyway.

I have had a cracker that's simply sat for one week, and it's been killer. 

However, HEAT does facilitate and expedite the process somewhat...so by all means try the no-cook method if you're 

interested in checking it out and waiting I'd say at least 4 days, but if you want something ready that/the next day, continue.***

I heat mine up in my flavourwave convection oven at (pre-heated) 150 celcius for somewhere in the vicinity of 2-3 hours. 

Sorry I'm not more exact there, I just set the timer around that time.

I actually unwrap one "tester" and check in as they cook.

What you want, is for the crackers externally to get "bubbly", you'll know when you see it. 

The oils kind've start coming out and you end up with a semi-translucent sheen on them...the colour darkens a little along with it. 

Kind of like watching sugar turn into caramel, but not as drastic.

Ideally, you want to have heated but not baked the nutella and peanut butter...they will remain somewhat smoothe inside. 

You will be able to smell them by then too, it "smells like a cooked firecracker", and you'll know what that means at the time.

If you've over-cooked them, the wet ingredients can go more solid, become a bit bitter and less palatable. - the good news there is

if you can put up with a shittier flavour, the effect is usually still there, though maybe not as much so?

I suppose it might've been a slightly more helpful tutorial with some exact amounts and cooking times, but I feel as though it's a good

way to "learn as you go". 

I myself don't do this as an exact science see, I do what works and make adjustments as needed.

So there's the basics, play the rest a bit by ear and see how you go. 

Also, the longer you let them sit at room temperature, the stronger they seem to get...tried a pre-cooked one two weeks after once, 

which was at a level I consider too strong. 

Remember, if there's anyone new to eating or firecrackers....

*Do not have any alcohol prior consumption. I've found this kills it.

*You'll get best results if you eat a something small about a half an hour before the cracker. 

*Throw some caffeine into the mix, I find it helps it travel around your body a bit faster. I always have a tea or coffee as I eat mine.

*Wait at least an hour after consumption before having any more. 

Suggestion - Try to be patient and not smoke/vape anything while you wait for the effects, in my opinion it's a much more rewarding experience.

Unknowns - Mango. I hear it can enhance everything but never really put it to the test.

Soooo, that's it then. 

That is how I make firecrackers with what I have on hand - they give me anything between 4-6 hours of effect, sometimes longer.

Maybe not the highest grade edible but cheap, and easy.

If you try this and meet with any success, post your experience.

Edited by SydVaper81

Good one mate. I've been vaping for about the last 4 months and have quite a pile of pre-vaped herb that I've been wondering what to do with.

I vape at 160 deg C, so I think I'm getting the THC but not much else, apparently the other cannabinoids have a higher release temp. I think crackers from this will lead to a very lethargic body and head stone given there will be mainly CBD and other "dopey" compounds.

I guess there could still be some THCA that hasn't been converted to THC in the vaping that the cooking might release, I'll have to give it a try to find out.

I'm curious as to how you can cook these for a few hours at 160 without the nutella burning and tasting super acrid. I tried using it once instead of PB for 35min at 150 and it all turned black and hard.

I've also found that the longer you leave the pre-made crackers the stronger they seem to get. I've only managed 2-3 days without eating them all but it'd be good to leave them for say a week to see what happens.

Also a few times I've overcooked them by 20 min or so, thinking I've stuffed them up due to their burnt nature and horrible taste, only to find the effect has been stronger and longer lasting.

I've always said eating pot is like a different drug and recently read somewhere that your liver converts pot into Delta 11 THC, which is supposedly10 times stronger than the standard Delta-9.

Dunno about 10 times stronger but it's a lot more full on for sure :)

Good one mate.

Well received. 

I've been vaping for about the last 4 months and have quite a pile of pre-vaped herb that I've been wondering what to do with.

This, or butter. 

I vape at 160 deg C, so I think I'm getting the THC but not much else, apparently the other cannabinoids have a higher release temp. I think crackers from this will lead to a very lethargic body and head stone given there will be mainly CBD and other "dopey" compounds.

That's my preferred temp too - you'll be quite good to go. 

I guess there could still be some THCA that hasn't been converted to THC in the vaping that the cooking might release, I'll have to give it a try to find out.

There's THC as well, I don't think it's really possible to extract ALL of it at those temps. Either way, whatever's left does the job and then some. 

I'm curious as to how you can cook these for a few hours at 160 without the nutella burning and tasting super acrid

Well, it's 150 not 160. But, as I said I have no specific timing...I just know it's over one and less than three. 

To give yourself a more precise answer you'll probably have to put a timer on while you check them for the signs of readiness during the process. 

I've also found that the longer you leave the pre-made crackers the stronger they seem to get. I've only managed 2-3 days without eating them all but it'd be good to leave them for say a week to see what happens.

Yes, the process definitely continues...though it can get to a point it's overwhelming, have you ever had that?

Though I suppose for some folks that would be like gold. 

Also a few times I've overcooked them by 20 min or so, thinking I've stuffed them up due to their burnt nature and horrible taste, only to find the effect has been stronger and longer lasting.

Hm, so the effect isn't lessened. I've always wondered. Though yeah that flavour somewhat detracts from the experience doesn't it?

I've always said eating pot is like a different drug and recently read somewhere that your liver converts pot into Delta 11 THC, which is supposedly10 times stronger than the standard Delta-9.

Yeah it's a very much more physical sensation and yep it's something to do with the liver conversion....waaaay more long lasting...once it's on, it's on. 

Dunno about 10 times stronger but it's a lot more full on for sure

Agreed on both. 

Well either way, good luck if you're trying out this method, and lemme know how you go.

I find the nutella and PB mix a lot better taste wise, and apparently the coconut oil is better at absorbing the thc too...so yeah.