Number Of Places In Nsw Medi Cannabis Trial

Brash

Question

In discussion with a leading cannabis researcher, who has just returned from a conference in Italy, he has expressed concern about the potentially limited nature of the previously announced NSW Medical Cannabis Trial.

Announced on the 20th of May 2003, the trial was thought to go ahead by the end of last year. The Government line has been that the complex issues sorounding the legislation is the main problem for the delay. The Governement's prefered option is GW Pharmaceuticals product 'Sativex'.

My researcher mate said he spoke to Sir Geoffery Guy (the G in GW Pharma.) who tells him they wont be able to even supply the British market, too much demand, when the get their licence through shortly.

So folks, this sounds like it means that numbers are going to be VERY LIMITED on Bob Carr's compassionate and commonsense Medical Cannabis Trial. I am unaware of the figures for other illnesses, but it is estimated that 57% of HIV patients use cannabis or over 5,000 in NSW alone. Cancer MS and the many other disorders that patients can and want to benefit from cannabis would be well in the tens of thousands to my mind. I bet we end up with less than 100 places in any trial. 90%+ of patients will still be stuck in the blackmarket. Don't hold your breath for gov compassion guys.

Bob Carr said in Parliament 12th May 2004

And we have talked to the United Kingdom Home Office about the progress of an inhaler spray being developed by the firm G W Pharmaceuticals. Our advice is that this product—which has been the brightest hope for a cannabis-based pharmaceutical—will not be available for a few years. So we have got to look at alternatives, otherwise we would be asking people to suffer without considering one of these options.

The 20th of this month marks the 1st anniversary of Bob's announcement that a trial in Medi Cannabis would go ahead 'shortly'

I like my herb garden more than pills and potions!

Yeah, let people grow their own meds, why should we have to pay a multi-national for something we can do better ourselves, especially as Mr Sheen will never put it on the PBS. :angry:

B)

Medical patients in Cali can have up to 50 plants... 50. They can grow the plants and sell the bud to the dispensarys who in turn help out other med patients who come through. They pretty much run the show themselves, AND pay taxes. So the government does nothing but give the OK and then sit back and collect cash.

The first state in AUS to wake up and realise that its both:

a) easy (and lot of) money for the Govt.

and

b ) Good for society

Will lead the way into a happier and brighter future.

I'm am in pain almost every single day from Arthritis I could CURE with hash oil, but the Govt. has more important things on their plate at the moment so it seems...

Edited by *Ryno*