Watering System

Tom

Hey Tom

im a bit confused on how you set up your pump and return the line to circulate the nutri tank

the way i understand it is you have a pipe going off the pump feeding the plants then the pipe returns with a few feeder pipes glued off it so it squirts water into the tank. is that right?

is your pump on a timer? or is it going 24hrs?

Edited by mr.bungle

the way i understand it is you have a pipe going off the pump feeding the plants then the pipe returns with a few feeder pipes glued off it so it squirts water into the tank. is that right?
Yeah, basically but the main reason for the bits of feeder pipe stuck in the end is to create some back pressure to insure all the drippers get equal pressure.

is your pump on a timer? or is it going 24hrs?
On a timer.

:scratchin:

so how long per day does your pump run for?
It starts off with a couple of minutes per 2 hours of "day" cycle for the young plants and increases from there with the basic aim of keeping the reservoir of the pot full or close to it.

doesnt your nutrient tank settle too much if it sits for a while?
The air stones and the return flow from the 12mm line keep it well mixed.

:scratchin:

yeah hi tom just putting my 2 cents worth...if you changed your reflector to a supa nova 600 shade you would use your light betta..the shades you r useing we throw away to much wastege above the light :applause:

The Supa Nova is also a double-parabolic reflector like the batwing Tom's already using. A horizontal fixture with a double-parabola reflector is as efficient as you can get.

However, the SN has air cooling, a plus in any grow. I have just gotten some 120mm x 400mm cooltubes in- about $57. Will aircool any shade, can be retrofitted to batwings if you're somewhat clever. The 120mm suits 400W-1000W lamps. Can get 150mm dia as well.

Hey tom, the young jedi here, just wondering if you've ever considered using h202 or oxyclean as it's also known. A couple of mL per 10l in your res not only keeps away the nasties but oxygenates the solution and cleans it too! I've only been using it for 3 weeks now and already I've seen a marked improvement in my reservoir and plants. The inner res which holds the nutes is a 40l clear plastic "rubbermaid" type container, which I simply painted with an acrylic paint about a year ago. this has since started to flake off, (obviously, it wasn't treated first!) but I solved it with a sheet of panda film to keep light out. Now, when I changed to an inner/outer reservoir system, I neglected to replace the panda film, as it was in the way with my present setup. So the flaking paint allowed light into the res... a sure fire way to get algae and all kinds of other things, right? Well, with the oxyclean, no problems at all! The plants are lusher and have whole piles of new shoots coming up! With an airpump and h202, you just end up with more oxygen than you ever dreamed, as well as a disinfectant/cleanser!

In My Humble Opinion of course.....

peace tom.....

I have been using H202, or better know 'Hydrogen Peroxide" since day 1. I agree this shit is gold, but it is important for every body to know that you should NOT, use H202 with any nutriant additives, such as Rhizo bacteria (Rhizotonic, Enzymes (Cannazym), or any Boost flowering adatives. The reasons are pretty obvious why, h202 kills crap in the water, but if you mix your good bacteria etc, it will kill that too rendering it useless.

I use many addatives and it is important to get a spare tank, and add H202 at leaste 24/h before putting 'live addatives' in. So that only all your good Bacteria / Enzymes are in the water. This will make cause great results as your adatives wont have to compete with the bad bacteria etc in the water.

You can mix normal A & B solution and silica instantly. But always give it a good hour before pushing through the system or you will find it may be killing of good bacteria around your roots!

Hope this Helps.

Cyclone

• Oz unpinned this topic