seed germination

If you didn't understand Frank, I'll spell it out...

Yes, foliar feeding everyday (with anything) is TOO MUCH. Spraying fertiliser on leaves will clogg up the stoma and interfere with necessary leaf functions.

There is no practical reason to spray fertiliser on the leaves of a plant that has a root system. Plants are quite good at getting their nutrients from their roots.

If you really want to spray your plants because you like doing it, spray once a fortnight with no more than 1/4 strength seasol and wash the residue off with plain water a day or two later.

• Upvote 3

He was just answering the question without doing any typing of his own... Calm down louise lol

I'm calm, if you go back and actually read what I wrote you will see I was clarifying Frank's post for Ang3l... I know exactly what Frank was doing.

Thankyou, and once again for all of ur help :) Its the 10th yr anniversary of his passing, so i am doing these for him...would like him to be proud of me :angel:

Ang3l - I can understand that, when I got back into growing, after my children were grown, I started with seed I had got from a now departed friend. Every time I grow something from that strain, I remember him fondly.

Best wishes for your grow, if you have any other questions - just ask.

• Upvote 1

If you didn't understand Frank, I'll spell it out...

Yes, foliar feeding everyday (with anything) is TOO MUCH. Spraying fertiliser on leaves will clogg up the stoma and interfere with necessary leaf functions.

There is no practical reason to spray fertiliser on the leaves of a plant that has a root system. Plants are quite good at getting their nutrients from their roots.

If you really want to spray your plants because you like doing it, spray once a fortnight with no more than 1/4 strength seasol and wash the residue off with plain water a day or two later.

Hey louise, spraying the plants once or twice a day when a plant is in vege indoors is great..... you have to consider the fact that the water/nutrient solution on the foliage dries immediately.... and a vege period of 18 hours is 18 hours... foliage dries in 10 or 15mins. Even in early bloom it is fine if you have a sterile grow room environment. it rains often, sometimes many times a day ... are you suggesting this is not good ? When i hadnt grown much i often would feed them just enough but foliar feed them 1/4 strength often, i never found an issue with this. I have also found it beneficial to spray the plants during early bloom with a phosphorous and potassium solution (potash+, liquid potash etc) to stimulate faster onset of floral clusters. I to this day still foliar feed them, it's never an issue if you can control the heat of your hid lighting..... i have noted marked improvements when foliar feeding plants ...

peace n pot,