Mortality Question

Where do you think your spirit ends up when ya die?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yeah i had to go with other. i believe there is a major pitstop before heaven (or watever else). i think we have a "reflective time" where we must sit and meditate on our lifes and just generally think about what we did, even if you were a good person, you just sit there for a time similiar to eternity, but not quite.

then god will accept us and decide what to do with us then, i don't believe in a heaven-type nirvana, but more of what we're used to. Sort of like a life on earth but possibly in a different dimension/universe. i personally would get bored just sitting in my nirvana and plus familiarity breeds contempt.

heaven is on the earth

:peace:

I believe even the most open minded people , Could still do with more mind expansion.

It would be a mistake to think you know what may happen in our lives , or in our deaths.

Tho , ofc. It's not a mistake to ponder , or even guess. ( No Worry Tho)

:)

There should , I believe , be almost nil argument that there are spirits and other unexplained phenomena out there. (In there?)

:o

I do Not believe in any sort of religion that has been created to dominate the people thru fear to have them become subserviant to some sort of elitist scheme. (Scam).

The Tao , Buddism and many other ancient beliefs , more closely related to the land and the "Mother Nature Godess Infinite Wisdom Love and Peace" were , I think , closer hitting to the truth.

But I think I'm getting nowhere fast with this post so ...

:huh:

Until then ... May U not die. hehehe :thumbsup:

Budman ... Still Breathin' (Inhaling).

:bang:

I believe heaven and hell aren't places where you go, but states of being, or states of mind. That we reincarnate untill we realise heaven is all around us right now on earth. That we are allready in the garden of eden, but we have learned to percieve seperation in order to orientate in 3D. I also believe it is earths destiny to return to our natural state of Oneness consciousness, that we literally are all one being in many bodies, which would put an end to religion, war, poverty, greed, polution, basically all mans woes and we will live in harmony with nature and the universe. I also believe there is a time frame for this shift, and that time itself is speeding up till it cccurs (notice each yr goes by faster than the previous?). That now is the best time we could of ever be reincarnated (the population explosion is souls wanting to experience this shift), and we live at the brink of that golden age, and all the events we see on the news, is just the dark forces doing their best to prevent this shift from occuring. And failing miserably I might add. Call me a conspiricy theorist, but i believe Bush administration, together with media tycoons like ruperd murdock, are part of those forces, doing everything they can to keep the earth in a state of fear mindset. When Bush goes down, things will change very quickly.

Just my beliefs :scratchin:

Great thread. I'm with the worm food theory myself, mainly because I don't remember anything

before this life so I'm not expecting anything after. It's a pretty daunting prospect at times, but then

so is being alive for eternity with no escape from a reality you're bored with after billions of years.

Way I look at it, if you do die, would you be able to remember anything? able to make NEW memories? if there really is anything other than a long stay in the worm motel then make sure you make the most of living.

Other than that im pretty open minded about what might be beyond, just hope I havnt been wrong this whole time and there really is a 'heaven'. Well we all believe what we do for our own reasons and we cant help but follow what seems to be our final reasoning about it.

*shrug* no time soon I hope.

Edited by Gibbo

This had me thinking still this morning.

As far as heaven and hell are concerned, who goes where? Good people to heaven and evil people to hell I suppose. Who defines good and evil? Does a fisherman who is well adjusted to society and accepted as a good man go to hell for hurting small animals for pleasure, or a politician who imposes an unwanted tax on his people to feed the starving go to hell for stealing? Good and Evil are just a reflection of our current society.

If you believe David Hume we are all a result of our genetics and our circumstances so it would be pretty unfair to dish out punishment or rewards on this basis. Maybe we all go to heaven no matter what we have done here on earth. That would be a nice thought unless you are opposed to the notion of sucking on your heavenly bong while Adolf shoots up next to you. We could all go to hell too. Not so bad for the masochists but the rest of us would become pretty irritable I imagine.

Apart from superior intelligence, I don't believe there is any difference between human conciousness and that of animals so an afterlife would need to include every creature that ever lived. Imagine the conversation you could have with your tapeworm (unless of course you poisoned him which would make things a bit awkward), or an e-coli cell. :applause: