Alcohol Prohibition

Has anyone watched the documentry on alcohol prohibition in the USA on SBS.

It was a good insight on how prohibition started and how it did not affect the flow of alcohol at all. Just filled the gangsters pockets.

Another interesting point was that prohibition was not completely finished until the 1950's. Some states kept running prohibition up until this time. So there were 30 odd years of prohibition.

Got me thinking about when Nixon started the war on drugs. Has it been over 40 years?

Any way the good news is that the US has started to wake up, even if it is only at a state level.

The snow ball hopefully will start rolling along and get bigger on it's path to freedom of choice.

And the Feds will have to listen to the people.

I've got foxtel here, been watching a few episode of American Moonshiners. Good teli.

Seen a few episodes of "American Weed" and other similar programs, too. This isn't the program weed's persay, but rather a telivision series regarding medical marijuana and marijuana related telivision programs.

I recomend downloading a few episodes if that's your thing.

They said alcohol prohibition was a poor choice of governance.

I find it incredibly amusing that there is a war in place to prohibit the use of a plant (associated with human life for as long as we can trace history) , no sorry a weed (with over 100 different uses to mankind) that is safer then alcohol and particularily safer then Tabaco.

What a fucking sham indeed.