Recently discovered the show and rented the first 6 seasons. season 7 isn't out on DVD yet locally and season 8 has just finished on cable in America. Something to look forward to. Found it really entertaining and I don't usually watch soaps. Loved the cliff hanger endings with each season. Hysterical charactors. Did anyone else see the short history of cannabis extra. I forget which season had that. They should make an australian version of that show.

tried to write in a previous thead but it was dated back to 2006 or something and closed.

I downloaded & watched the first season of Weeds as it was getting released in the states. I got about 3 episodes into season 2 & stopped watching it. I got the first 6 seasons and should sit down & watch them cos I did like it.

Saw the latest episode on TV the other night, didnt know it was on, not usally up that late, & that got me wanting more.

Have you seen or heard of "Breaking Bad" Outlaw? Its also a good one to watch.

The first 3 seasons of weeds were awesome! Though, it kinda went down hill after that. It still was a revolutionary show all round and has probably helped to normalise cannabis in the US. A cannabis dealing soccer mum who isn’t portrayed as evil, was very refreshing. I just wish they made more of an effort with the season final of season 8. Disappointing imo.

Oh yeah, breaking bad on the other hand is one of the best tv shows of all time, imo. In the same league as the sopranos and the wire. I can’t wait for the second half of season 5 to come out.

Edited by jabez

Weeds was fantastic in the beginning. The storylines lacked a bit, IMHO, but Nancy & the crew made it worth watching, even if I cringed most of the time. The premise was fantastic and I think it certainly did help to normalize it for a lot of viewers. But by the 8th season, yea, they totally just gave up. It was almost like a full circle kind of deal. Won't say much else since I've seen all 8 seasons but I guess really I just liked the eye candy of Nancy Botwin which was what kept me watching...