Crossing auto strains.

A lot of the auto's I'm looking at buying only come in feminised form. If I can't figure out how to get seed from all female plants with giberrellic acid or something then how about crossing them. I don't know much about crossing strains. I've done it before but only by accident. The first generation is called F1 right. Then each generation after that is selectively bred as F2, F3 etc.

Anyone had any good results crossing auto's?

I was thinking of crossing autopounder which gives a good yield with assassin or some other one hit killer weed. I can only find autopounder in feminised seed. Assassin and others come in regular seed form. What do you think?

Crossing Auto's is easy.

Breeders will supply only FEM seeds for a reason! They don't want you doing breeding runs!

Forget the FEM stuff it only lends itself to Females that turn on you.

Auto Males will show as early as 2 weeks....3 tops....so if you have to wait 3 weeks to see the males who cares.

DROP THE FEM CRAP!

Yes, because that is what the consumer keeps asking for... guarenteed fem seed, no males.

lol that's crap Buzzo.

I disagree in part..Lou.

Yes it's what a newbie would ask for in an AUTO.......but then what!

In photo plants that's a different story.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is not really looking at the big picture.....Ask yourself Lou....if you were making a living out of selling seeds would you sell seeds that were Non fem.......Really.........and have me or anyone else using your hard earned work to breed your own stock.

If the answer is yes then you don't run your own business.....Cause that's what it is at the end of the day.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think Buzzo is right. I came across mention of that somewhere in my googling of autoflowers. Just did some searches but can't find it again. I hate it when that happens. The breeders are getting protective of their genetics was what it basically said. Makes sense. Those companies that give away their best genetics to growers will get less return custom and will be at a disadvantage to competitors who do hoard their genetics.

Either way I've noticed nearly every auto I've wanted to buy only comes in feminised seed.

Thats why I want to either use chemicals to turn an auto female into a male or cross two autos. I want to get seed with the superior genetics of some of these new strains. At herbies all the top ten auto's are feminised. I don't want to keep paying extortionate prices for seed every time I grow. I want to make my own.

I can't keep buying online every grow. Eventually I'll get busted or have my name on a police database somewhere. Its easier to create regular seeds so why aren't they offering them? Buzzo is right. I'm certain of it.

I'm just going to get the best autos in both fem and reg so I can cross them.

i disagree it is indeed fact that breeders only turn to fem seeds to stop others using there work, although it has also been a request from people growing for many years to have fem seeds to take the risk of getting males out of the equation

To protect genetic stock, professional breeders sell HYBRIDS... fems are the result of consumer demand.

• Upvote 2

If its the result of consumer demand then why don't they sell regular seeds cheaper? Regs are easier to produce and there is a market for them. I want them. I'm a market. Not everyone wants to be forced to make risky mail orders every single grow.

https://www.budresea...ct.php?xProd=13

Found this product. Turns female branches male so you can cross all female plants. The seed produced is all female because the parents have all x chromosomes. This is how seedbanks do it I gather. Doing it myself looks simple and a lot cheaper. Endless supply of seed and I can keep doing it. No need to get scalped by the seed sellers.

Edited by Outlaw