Hi all,

I am planning on sending out some letters soon to my local MP (Mal Washer, Moore electorate, WA) and others regarding the cannabis prohibition.

I'm not too sure what to include in my letters though, so I'm after some suggestions/advice.

I'm also unsure who else would be worth sending them to.

Has anyone else done this? Did you receive a response? What did you say?

Mate the way to do it is to buy into one of their horrible fundraiser dinners.

First register a not for profit or 2 buck company. Call your self christ's compassionate carers or something like that. Make donation to political party and directly to re-eletion fund of your local member. Ok now your one of them and they love you. Votes dont count money does. Also join the local branch of the party that you are wanting to seduce. Keep your mouth shut so they dont realise that you are not a right wing christian nut job with a hatred of women and the enviroment.

Now when they have one of their horrible dinners hosted by alan jones you and all you mates buy a table and sit with the member and you put your point to them. This is the game , its expensive and 1 dinner wont cut the mustard. Lobbying is expensive business, you need funds and you need to not be so forward or hot headed you dont get invited back again (they want your money really badly but they wont take lightly to you rocking up in a sorong with dreadlocks and a bird on your shoulder and a giant bouquet of budz as a gift)

If the guy is a total fuck with you have 2 choices. Rhohypnol in the drink and a tranny hooker and iphone just like this weeks sons of anarchy or just dispute the charges on your credit card and try and get your money back.

If at first you dont succeed try again. You never know your local mp may like a toke every now and again and you might be able have one with him, film him and blackmail him to making statements on his twitter account supporting to total legalisation of drugs and immediate freedom for all non violent drug offenders from correctional facilites around the country.

Thats my take on it. Sorry my uncle gave me some nice north coast budz that really make me race.

• Upvote 1

HAHA! Fantastic advice :D

My local MP seems to be quite supportive of the Australia21 group - and we all know what they stand for. I think I will start with a letter to him asking him to clarify his position.

Sounds like I will have to get back into Sons of Anarchy, I enjoyed the first couple of seasons.

Unfortunately mate, I think you'll find it's not in the 'best interest' for a polititian to support the cause.

Most politicians are concerned about there status and career and don't give a shit about the general population.

I really don't think there's many out there trying to make changes for the greater good.

What you are doing is commendable though and good to see someone trying to make a difference.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately mate, I think you'll find it's not in the 'best interest' for a polititian to support the cause.

Most politicians are concerned about there status and career and don't give a shit about the general population.

I really don't think there's many out there trying to make changes for the greater good.

What you are doing is commendable though and good to see someone trying to make a difference.

So true mate.

The only thing that matters to a politician is getting reelected next term. They will promise the world and deliver a turd. I reckon if we got a bunch of 8th graders , selected at random aslong as they could read and write they would do a better job of running the country.

If you have any interest in politics please join your local branch and become part of the rank and file (you dont have to believe in the partys motive your just there for one reason cannabis. Ie if you are in a safe liberel seat that will always be liberel join the liberels and attack from the inside.

Seriously , politicians are scared of people stacking branches, as they are addicted to the power they beleive they have . If you have enough friends etc you can take over your local branch. Who knows we may have a minister in waiting in our midst just waiting for the right moment to punch a billy live on tv during question time.

Oh yeh, and dont join the greens. Thats just stupid political suicide :).

• Upvote 1

Long time lurker, first time poster here....

I've recently sent a letter to my local member. Well, by recently I mean around a month or so ago. Not sure how long it takes or if I'll ever get a response. Don't have the time to do the whole lobbying thing at the moment, but I think that's pretty good advice for anyone who wants to seriously take up the call.

I returned from a few weeks in Toronto then Santa Monica about 2 months ago and enjoyed the scene there.....was pissed at becoming a criminal again when getting home basically. I mean it really did hurt thinking I've now got to play the game again. Since then the best I can do is....

Attempt to contact local member at the very least,

Try and buy some seeds.....

Smoke average weed, whinge and wait.

• Upvote 1