Growing Style:

Watering/Feeding Frequency: daily

Nutrient Strength (PPM/EC): Unknown probable 'hot' potting mix

PH Levels: Unknown but water sitting at 6.5

Temperature/Humidity Levels: outdoors mid 20's

Growth Stage: veg

Plants Age: 3 weeks

Cannabis Strain White Widow

I had some early seedlings that iv started outdoors, growth is slow because of the light hours. For three weeks they are dismall.

But I have noticed two out of the 5 or so have yellowed leaves on there first true set.

Is it a hot potting mix problem or an over water problem. I started to give very weak nute solution just to see if they pick up but other seedlings at same age are looking vibrant and bigger without any nutes.

post-41150-0-21698000-1347970872_thumb.jpg

post-41150-0-10071000-1347971081_thumb.jpg

post-41150-0-61435000-1347971181_thumb.jpg

Watering/Feeding Frequency: daily

Way to much water, hot soil and way too big a pot. I'm inclined to agree with Frazz... start over with a seed raising mix, in small seedling pots and water only when the soil is beginning to dry off.

If you want to try and save them, back off on the watering and let the pots dry off (so keep them out of the rain too).

Best of luck with it all. lou.

Thanks for your reply guys.

I will monitor them over a couple of days, but not really worried I have others which are double the size and much more vibrant next to them.

I may have just mixed too much potting mix as the other better ones are using similar/same medium.

First grow, mistakes made, learn and move on I guess :doh:

(lucky there my el cheapo nirvana regs and not my dina-fems)

hey mate in the first pic i think i can see what looks like that slow release fertiliser? (those little balls) that could be burning em?, i bought one of them cheapo soil ph meters from bunnings (the ones you just stick the prong into the soil) when i was mixing the perlite through that cheap brunnings crap i put the prong in before i planted and the ph was around 7.5 7.8 Mixed up a heap of 6.0phd water and soaked the hell out of the soil...seemed to of brang it down abit...possibly a stupid question...but did you wash your perlite real good before hand? made a mistake of not doing that last year and nearly fried one :( don't worry mate I'm still on a huge learning curve myself and i love it :) mistakes are bound to happen

anywho the pics in your diary they look healthy as :D

Edited by havik_racing

hi there stuy , my geus is its water logg'd , just water it to 4 inches out from the main stem , dont soak the soil so much,, anyway looks like the new growth is cometng out all good , might be allright mate i would'nt give up , just let it drie out a bit before watering/feeding Edited by smashed1