Combination outdoor/indoor growing

ok nub question here but,

are there / is there any adverse effects if you start growing a plant one way then change it later? ie indoor / outdoor combo?

for example:

i want to start growing some plants, but i go on holiday in about 7 weeks for 2 weeks - so i wont be there to keep an eye on things. and its too short to get a decent grow.

so what i want to do it plant the seeds outside in pot plants so i can look after them for now a bit b4 i go on holiday then hope that mother nature will keep em in check for 2 weeks - i can always put a small bit of slow release fert and / or trickle water.

so then when i come back from holidays i can get my lights going and bring em in to grow a bit more and flower.

just that i cant really set up my full indoor system if im not gonna be here :/

good question Jester, wouldn't mind knowing myself as i'm having a crack with 2 autos and there growing every so slowly, i leave them outdoor during the day then bring inside at night, I'm sure someone will get back to ya, think really the only thing to watch for would be bringing bugs e.t.c inside?, and just the general risk of mother nature pissing on ya or plants getting ripped off, I'm interested to know aswell if it would have any big effects as ill just stick with one not both lol, cheers

yea as above^

you guys as gardeners are Mother Nature to the plant controlling the variables like photoperiod and environment

insects thrive when they find a host plant in an environment where there are no predator insects to keep their numbers down, as in indoors and on plants that are weak or sick

Stoned Jester you say in 7 weeks time you have to leave the plants .. so by then Summer temps and the size of your plants will determine how much water the plants need, this maybe your biggest challenge to devise a system that can deliver the water needed to sustain healthy plant life in your absence

:peace:

id use a container with a drip feed line off it ..20ltr+ (gravity fed)

make sure ya got a small hole in lid to let it bleed..(learnt that the hard way lol )

you have plenty of time to test if the container is big enough to last 2 weeks dripping..

all depending on your medium how many drips you need a min/hr

all the best ..safe holidays Sam

• Upvote 1