What Happened To Snifferdogalert.com

News.com.au Story.

A system using SMS mobile phone messages to warn people about sniffer dogs has outraged NSW police.

NSW Police Minister Michael Costa slammed civil libertarians behind the scheme, saying the government was seeking legal advice on whether the operation could be shut down.

But for people wishing to dodge police drug and gun sniffer dogs it will be as simple as registering onto www.snifferdogalert.com.

Users will get detailed mobile telephone message warning of the exact location of police sniffer dog operations, garnered from "volunteers" in the field.

Council for Civil Liberties president Cameron Murphy said the system was similar to systems alerting of road speed traps and drink driving traps.

www.snifferdogalert.com

The link is gone. I read some other sites about it. Today Tonight did a piece. They were getting so much traffic they had to upgrade in June 2002. Looks like the fuckin cops closed them down. I don't even live in Sydney but this SMS warning system was really popular so it could have spread to ther cities eventually.

Bastards! :D

Oh and BTW if your upto it, there are groups of people who save up all thier bong water and spray it all over town (add a little bit of metho to stop your bottle from clogging).

They still doing that? ::P: A few guys from this site started doing that a few years back around the stations and bus stops, confused the hell out of the dogs. ::):

Sounds like fun. That would be a good way to fuck up sniffer dogs searching your property. Spray bong water all over your garden out front and your neighbours gardens. They'll never reach your front door.

:P

Edited by Chong

I've been inside that academy. Its a real shithole. The buildings are ancient. Walls all cracked or paint peeling. The police must be seriously underfunded I think. Lucky for us. :D

Big grounds out back. They were doing self defence classes in the back hall I remember. Didn't see or hear any dogs but its a big place. Security there was slack as all buggery. I reckon anyone could spray the outer fences and even walk past the boom gate doing it. There is a military base just down the road. Its even slacker.

Mind you that was a couple of years ago. After Sept 11 they have probably tightened things up a bit.