How Long Does Weed Last, And How To Store

If the weed is stored at low temperatures, at extremely low relative humidity, as well as maintained in a dry environment, then it could conceivably last hundreds, if not thousands of years in a good state. :D

Heh heh. But I doubt it would last that long, before some stoner dug it up and smoked it. :D THC, is damaged by excessive moisture, (mould growth) and excessive heat and light. This degrades it's composition into the lesser cannabiniods, CBD and CBN.

I store my weed in large glass jars, which are air tight, and periodically checked and turned. The curing process is different from the drying process, but they do blend in together. The aim is to get the moisture out of the buds, and at the same time allow the living processes to use the remaining chlorophyll in the buds to produce sugars for the cells survival. This is part of the reason why buds which are cured well are lighter than those which aren't. :)

Check out the forums generally, I'm sure there have been other posts on this subject, but here's alinkto a post in the growfaq by pipe about this. ;)

Hope that helps mate, and welcome to Oz Stoners. ;)

I dry mine for 2 weeks, followed by curing in jars for another 2 weeks, then I store the bag I'm taking from in black plastic, in a tupperware conatainer in the fridge. The rest goes in airtight jars, in a black bag with pillows in it, in the linen cupboard.

The last few crops I've had outdoors have supplied me with 'fresh' dope almost until harvest the following year (about 2 pounds)...

is that long enough for ya?

just a story....

An older mate of mine used to cure for 4 weeks too, then roll quarters of bud real tight in clingwrap, then pack four of them into a sandwich bag, then tape that up so it was light tight, then toss it in his cupboard for 6-8months, sometimes longer... when you pull that sucker out, its almost like treacle in there and smokes up a dream.....

thanks for the replies guys, and also the welcomes :D

i think im going to get it [chopped or not], wrap it tight in clingwrap, chuck in an airtight sandwich bag, chuck it in another small box [hopefully airtight and light-tight :)], then chuck in a small safe [should keep it cool and dry], and chuck it under my bed so its close to floor and coolness ;)

i think this way it could last, be it 1 week or 1 month, or a few months ;)

thanks again :D

for indefinite storage of dope (could be kept for years and still be smokable) is putting that stuff into the freezer, the problem here lies in that when taken from the freezer to be smoked they will dry out an amazing amount in your bowl, especially if you not just a few cones and done but a all day smoker. So it sucks really. same with the fridge.At the end of the day or next day, your bowl willbe a harsh over-dry powder.

But if you had something really special, like you got some mad import nepalese temple balls that you wanted to smoke a chunk each christmas, this is the way to go.

For the outdoor guys the pot is starting to get a bit crispy and dry by next harvest and smoking next harvest is really a breathe of fresh air, but for the indoor guys thats when the smokes starting to get good, if you smoked 2 crops behind your current you'd be a clever person, but most dont manage it and just smoke what they just picked.

I think we all wish we had a problem with our buds lasting too long and not the other way around. :D

oh and welcome to ozstoners